Ethiopian Leopard torts... pics to come soon!

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
I'm so excited! In just over 3 weeks, my husband and I get to go to Ethiopia. The main purpose of the trip is completely unrelated to tortoises... but I HAVE arranged to get to visit a pair of Ethiopian leopard torts while we are there. I will be sure to take lots of pics, which I will then post here once I get back home.

These 2 specific ones are someone's pets, and have been in captivity for decades. I'm HOPING to happen past some in the wild as well... but our 'in the wild' time is going to be somewhat limited.

Penelope, our very non-Ethiopian leopard, will be very jealous of the shell rubs her (hopefully giant) Ethiopian counterparts will receive... ;)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
WOW. That will be super. I visited Taiwan at the end of last month. And I saw some very nice looking Ethiopian leopard. He only allow me to take few photos, so I will share mine first and looking forward to yours when you come back.

Photo are from JPA.
003 (1).JPG 003 (2).JPG 003 (3).JPG 003 (4).JPG 003 (5).JPG 003 (6).JPG 003 (7).JPG 003 (8).JPG

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
WOW. That will be super. I visited Taiwan at the end of last month. And I saw some very nice looking Ethiopian leopard. He only allow me to take few photos, so I will share mine first and looking forward to yours when you come back.

Was it assumed these were Ethipian leopards or did he import these directly from there?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Was it assumed these were Ethipian leopards or did he import these directly from there?
Yes. He imported few years back through Taiwan's agucauture department. He have successfully hatching them for couple years now. He operation are very nice. He microchipped most of his torts.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very cool trip your doing. Can't wait to see the pics too.

@bouaboua Why would he have the sully in with those beautiful leopards. He/She isn't cross breeding are they? That would be very sad. Beautiful leopards.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Very cool trip your doing. Can't wait to see the pics too.

@bouaboua Why would he have the sully in with those beautiful leopards. He/She isn't cross breeding are they? That would be very sad. Beautiful leopards.
Yes. He is. Very sad thing to see. I try to talk to him but his ego got in the way. Sad.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
@bouaboua do you know what those leaves are in the image with both a sulcata and a leopard?

I look forward to your images @biochemnerd808 . Seeing the adults is cool, but if you see any neonates, their images would be coolerist.

https://www.facebook.com/KapidoloFarms
Hi Will

It is a tipical kind of brushes that grow around the shore of Taiwan. I'm not sure of the English name but I can ask him when I get back to US and able to get on FB.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hibiscus tilliaceus is a species of floweringtree in the mallow family, Malvaceae, that is native to the Old Worldtropics.[3]Common names include sea hibiscus, beach hibiscus, coastal (or coast) hibiscus, coastal (or coast) cottonwood, green cottonwood, native hibiscus, native rosella, cottonwood hibiscus, kurrajong, sea rosemallow, Norfolk hibiscus, balibago (Tagalog), bhendi (Marathi), balibago (Tagalog), waru (Indonesian), hau (Hawaiian), purau (Tahitian), and vau tree. The specific epithet, "tilliaceus", refers to its resemblance to the related Tilia species.[4]