Eros and Gaias New Digs

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
Well, For those who are following my two little Leopards, Eros and Gaia, today they go outside into their Summer Garden 24/7. It has 3 grape vines that give it nice cover from over head and is also a supplimental food source. It has a river pebble base, scattered and piled tiles and rocks several herb plants and some grasses..... LOTS of hiding places!

Now then, for those that keep track Of the Details, here they are...

Eros, 3 years, 5 month, 1205 gm, 19 cm.

Gaia, 3 years, 10 months, 643 gm, 14.6 cm

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So excited for them. They are just beautiful. Refresh my memory, did you find out their sex yet? It looks fantastic.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Are they outside for good? Night's and winter too?

I'd like to see what you've put together for their heated shelter (if applicable ;) )

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I know for certain that Eros is male... I'm assuming that since Gaia is older and hasn't flagged yet, means she is most likely female.

They are only outside 24/7 till late Fall when the temps fall below 70*. Till then tho.... Beautiful nature and all the food they can eat!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Are they outside for good? Night's and winter too?

I'd like to see what you've put together for their heated shelter (if applicable ;) )
I've got an idea running around in my head for a heated shelter...only issue is the distance from an electric supply. you can bet it will be AWSOME when done!:cool:

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I know for certain that Eros is male... I'm assuming that since Gaia is older and hasn't flagged yet, means she is most likely female.

They are only outside 24/7 till late Fall when the temps fall below 70*. Till then tho.... Beautiful nature and all the food they can eat!

Can anyone tell me about what age female Leopards become "productive"?

I'm not sure that is a path I'm wanting to take at this stage in my "Tortoise Husbandry" and would like to head it off at the pass so to speak. This Summer Garden is more than large enough to separate if/when the need arises.