Eros and Gaia Summer '16

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
Hey, I know it been alonngggg time but today I was working in the yard and noticed that Gaia has grown significantly and since it's been awhile..... well heck, here we are.... without further adew....

EROS; Male 4.5 years old, 9.5 in long, 5 in wide, @5lbs

...photobomb by Oberon....

I really like the way his shell os flaring out from his hind legs.

Gaia; Female 5years old, 9 in long, 5 in wide, @ 5lbs

I would like to note that I have not used Vitashell on anyone in @ 1year. Their shells are still Pyramid free!

They are also outside 24/7/365.

Stay tuned to see my newest build to date.... Eros and Gaia get a "Townhouse"

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Holy cow, it has been a while. Look at the size on them. They look great! But you have to post more often. Miss seeing them and of course the big guy, Walking Rock!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you wouldn't mind. I would love to see you post a thread on how you raised the leopards. Did you keep them in closed chamber, what was your humidity, how often with the vitashell and you state location. It's been quite a while, can't remember if you did one way back when. If so, it would be worth it, specially to newbies, to see it again, using the vitashell.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
You Bet!

They spent the 1st 2 years in and enclosed, High Humidity/ High Heat environment (85%/85*) (See Twin Enclosure I-V). Vitashell every week after weight and measures and soaking. Supervised outside time for natural UVs

Years 3 and 4. Closet Enclosure. High heat/moderate humidity (80*/50%) VitaShell twice a month. Outside roaming during Spring, summer and Fall. Ouitside on warm sunny day during winter.

This year, outside since late April to present.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Okay, I do remember their closed chamber enclosure now. So up to 4 years they were in the closed chamber except for outside time. Once a week the vitashell. Do you live in an area with high humidity like Florida or is it dry like Arizona? Just trying to get a sense of humidity levels when they were outside.
Thanks.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I'm sorry, their 1st Twin Enclosure was the "Twin Enclosure Phase I-V". it was a completely enclosed and sealed enclosure. They stayed in that one for 2 years and finally outgrew it.

The second was "Twin Enclosure II" and was built inside of a 5x5 walk-in closet. This one was primarily a "Winter Home" and they were in it for 2 years but only when the weather was not conductive to their well being. I maintained a comfortable temp for them (80*) but didn't really try to keep a steady humidity inside. They have now out grown that enclose and have been moved outside permantely.

Both Builds can be found in the Enclosure area of this forum, Under "Twin Enclosure Phase I-V" and "Twin Enclosure II"

I live in TX where the heat is hot and the humidity is marginal. Nov. Dec, Jan, and Feb are cool and humidity is variable..

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
Very good looking torts! Congratulations!

Our leopard has a split scute in almost the exact same spot as Gaia. Very cool to see what the future holds.

We have "him" in a closed hot & humid environment as well.

Here he is after a long night on the town...... hehe you can see the split scute.

Attachments

• IMG_6616.JPG
    IMG_6616.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 18