Eros and Gaia: a 1 year update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
I know its been awhile since I posted any picks of the kids, but we are coming up on 1 year in my care so I thought a few Before and after pick might be in line....

Eros: Before; 2", 30.5 gm
zamric21.jpg
zamric31.jpg
zamric41.jpg
zamric11.jpg

Eros: After; 138.4 gm, 8.7 cm
DSCN0348.jpg
DSCN0349.jpg
DSCN0350.jpg
DSCN0351.jpg
DSCN0353.jpg

Gaia: Before; 2.25", 40.5 gm
DSCN0556.jpg
DSCN0559.jpg
DSCN0562.jpg

Gaia: After; 114.6gm, 7.8 cm
DSCN0356.jpg
DSCN0355.jpg
DSCN0358.jpg
DSCN0357.jpg
DSCN0361.jpg
DSCN0362.jpg

They have been growing slowly, but very smooth. After a year, They seem comfortablr when I pick them up, but fight and struggle when anyone else picks them up.... I guess they know who I am ...Finally!:p

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
You made my day! Master Oogway looks just like Gaia minus the cute heart . He weighs 41g at 2.25 inches. What age was Gaia at that size? When I purchased him the lady in the store called the owner because she said he was a hatchling and wanted to make sure he was old enough to sell. When I came to pick him up a week later a different worker said he was 3 months old. So I was curious to the age of Gaia at the size. I was worried he was underweight so this post made my day. Both of your leos are absolutely beautiful !!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They are beautiful. The white looks so smooth, almost like its painted on. Great job on them.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
MasterOogway said:
You made my day! Master Oogway looks just like Gaia minus the cute heart . He weighs 41g at 2.25 inches. What age was Gaia at that size? When I purchased him the lady in the store called the owner because she said he was a hatchling and wanted to make sure he was old enough to sell. When I came to pick him up a week later a different worker said he was 3 months old. So I was curious to the age of Gaia at the size. I was worried he was underweight so this post made my day. Both of your leos are absolutely beautiful !!!!

You cant gage your growth by Gaias growth... she is a "Super Runt" she was almost 6 month old when I got her and her weight stayed the same for a long time! She is almost 18 month old and weighs less than Eros!

bigred said:
They look fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Richsandwich said:
They look great

:cool:

wellington said:
They are beautiful. The white looks so smooth, almost like its painted on. Great job on them.

when you sand them down, the paint stick easier!:p

tildatron

5 Year Member
Stunning! I love the Gaia's light coloring. It will be interesting to see if it stays that way or if more dark spots will develop with age. Very nice job!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Wow, they are sooo beautiful! Great job, they are absolutely perfect!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
tildatron said:
Stunning! I love the Gaia's light coloring. It will be interesting to see if it stays that way or if more dark spots will develop with age. Very nice job!

Thanks! Interesting to note, alot of Eros's little "Dark" spots seem to be develolping after growth. Kinda like the spots are rising to the top.

CtTortoiseMom said:
Wow, they are sooo beautiful! Great job, they are absolutely perfect!

I think so too, but I am VERY partial!:p

luvpetz27 said:
They look amazing! Great job!! :) very pretty!

Thanks! :cool:

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
they look amazing and smooth!! great job! I cant believe our little babies are a year old....where does the time go :D

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
You've done a great job with them. What are you using as your fogger?

jwang1983

5 Year Member
Zamric said:
I know its been awhile since I posted any picks of the kids, but we are coming up on 1 year in my care so I thought a few Before and after pick might be in line....

Eros: Before; 2", 30.5 gm
zamric21.jpg
zamric31.jpg
zamric41.jpg
zamric11.jpg

Eros: After; 138.4 gm, 8.7 cm
DSCN0348.jpg
DSCN0349.jpg
DSCN0350.jpg
DSCN0351.jpg
DSCN0353.jpg

Gaia: Before; 2.25", 40.5 gm
DSCN0556.jpg
DSCN0559.jpg
DSCN0562.jpg

Gaia: After; 114.6gm, 7.8 cm
DSCN0356.jpg
DSCN0355.jpg
DSCN0358.jpg
DSCN0357.jpg
DSCN0361.jpg
DSCN0362.jpg

They have been growing slowly, but very smooth. After a year, They seem comfortablr when I pick them up, but fight and struggle when anyone else picks them up.... I guess they know who I am ...Finally!:p

beautiful babies! nice work!

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
I never get bored watching the torts you raise... Pretty is one thing, but they are just so smooth...

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Team Gomberg said:
Thanks for sharing! They do look wonderful!

And i loved the paint joke ;)

Thanks! I thought the joke bombed! Glad someone got it!

dmarcus said:
They both look outstanding, job well done...

Thanks Dmarcus!;)

jesst said:
they look amazing and smooth!! great job! I cant believe our little babies are a year old....where does the time go :D

....that time is measured in smiles and warm feelings as we watch our little charges turn into beautiful adults!

:rolleyes: can you tell I'm in a sappy mood today?:shy:

Cherbear said:
You've done a great job with them. What are you using as your fogger?

Fogger? I was using a ReptiFogger (the one with the 2 ltr bottle) but I quit using it about a month after I got it ($50 waste) when I relized my total Volume was much larger than than the fogger could handle. I now spray with a 1.5 gal pump spayer (sold for spraying insecticide on gardens... No Insecticide was EVER used in mine....just water) The Fogger does however make for some great visual effects in the enclosure!

jwang1983 said:
beautiful babies! nice work!

Thanks!:cool:

Melly-n-shorty said:
they are amazing!!! you have done such a good job!

:cool:

Yellow Turtle said:
I never get bored watching the torts you raise... Pretty is one thing, but they are just so smooth...
Thanks!

That would be the High Heat/High Humidity....and I belive the Vita-Shell helps when the humidity drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.