Enclosure advice

AgathaandOlive

Location (City and/or State)
Newport Pagnell, England
We have two adult Hermann's we've recently adopted. We had to rush to build their pen as they needed to be moved from their temporary sanctuary.
They're currently in a tortoise table in our lounge with a lamp, substrate, food, water and a sleeping den but wondered what time of year I can put them outside? Either just in the daytime or overnight too (we're based in England btw).
We will be building them a secure area of the garden with access to a Wendy house for shelter.
Also as adults what size should their table be indoors? Ones trying to climb a lot and worried she's bored!
Possibly daft questions but really want them to have a happy, comfortable life with us :)
Thanks

Quixx66

Louisiana
Congrats on your torts. I’m a new keeper but I can guess that the first thing people are going to tell you is it’s unwise to keep two Hermann’s together. What looks like friendship is actually bullying. So if you keep both, you’ll probably need two of everything unless there’s a way to give both access to lights, etc. in a separated enclosure.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Start with carefully reading this care sheet. It tells you exactly what you need and proper temps, humidity, etc.

When they go outside depends on the weather. When the days get warm enough, they can be outside during the day and brought inside at night. Once nights stay warm enough, they can stay out.

As Quixx66 said, they should be separated, both inside and out.

Inside, each of them needs his own table. We recommend a minimum size of 244 cm (8ft) x 122 cm. (4ft).

Do you know their genders? If not, post a picture of their plastrons, clearly showing the tail and shell. We can help you with determining whether you need to be concerned about babies.

Here is our care sheet. Please read it carefully, and come back with questions and concerns.