Emergency! Is he dead??

Ida

Oh no I'm so very sorry [DISAPPOINTED FACE]

ForTortel

5 Year Member
:( im sorry. My tortoise almost didn't make it. but i brought him to the vet and he made it. I can understand how you feel.

aidanhd500

5 Year Member
Thanks guys. Yeah, I did bring him to the reptile vet in my city, and he confirmed it. Luckily, they aren't charging me for cremation, or anything. Still, very heartbreak.. I'm really gonna miss this guy :'(

Anyone else here ever lost a tortoise? I'm not sure if I want to get another one just yet, but idk... thoughts?

Thanks for all the support, in any case, it certainly made things a lot easier knowing you were all pulling for him. Ollie would love the attention. Cheers~

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Give yourself some time. Don't make any decision yet. I have not lost a tortoise. Knock on wood, but sure have loss my fair share of pets. Each one is hard. Give yourself time and then, decide what you would like too do.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
I am sorry for your loss. Everyone is different and handles losses in their own way but when I loose a pet I get a new one . It helps me take my mind off off missing the one I lost and focus on caring for the new family member. My brother in law lost his dog 7 years ago and still can't come around to getting a new one even though he wants one.

Gabriela

Hello, I am new here, but I am very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and yours.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
So sorry to hear this. I was entrusted with a rescue who was in real bad shape. I went to a vet after trying all I could to get the sully to eat and pee/poop. During treatment, she died. I was devastated. I said i'd never take another rescue again, but that was 2 months ago, and under the right circumstances, I would take on another rescue in a heartbeat. Rescuing a tort in need is my issue, not the death of one, as sad as it is. So, remember why you wanted the tort in the first place, and leave the past behind where it belongs.

jennanne

I'm so sorry, the little babe is up in tortoise heaven now [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️