Ellie a wild leopard

rearlpettway

Ellie is a wild Leopard Tortoise from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
She lives in a Villa where my girl friends daughter lived one summer. The guard at the Villa said that she showed up about 5 years ago.
The residents of the Villa occasionally feed her Injera which is a local bread made from the grass Eragrostis tef which is high in fiber, iron, protein and calcium.
I discovered that the injera bread has more nutrients for the tortoise than Mazuri.
Leopard tortoises from Ethiopia get huge. They get a lot larger than leopards from other areas.
We also have 1 hour video of Ellie during her daily activities.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1486336479.374687.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1486336525.664225.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1486336569.009920.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1486336608.599596.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1486336640.029150.jpg

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
She lives in a Villa where my girl friends daughter lived one summer. The guard at the Villa said that she showed up about 5 years ago.
The residents of the Villa occasionally feed her Injera which is a local bread made from the grass Eragrostis tef which is high in fiber, iron, protein and calcium.
I discovered that the injera bread has more nutrients for the tortoise than Mazuri.
Leopard tortoises from Ethiopia get huge. They get a lot larger than leopards from other areas.
We also have 1 hour video of Ellie during her daily activities.View attachment 199098View attachment 199099View attachment 199100View attachment 199101View attachment 199103
Thanks for sharing this, beautiful leopard.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
She is quite a looker

rearlpettway

I just got a email from the guard at the villa where Ellie lives.
She is still has her same daily routine, walking around nibbling on grasses and weeds and waiting for someone to give her a bowl of bread.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
We also have 1 hour video of Ellie during her daily activities.View attachment 199098View attachment 199099View attachment 199100View attachment 199101View attachment 199103
A beautiful tort.GOD bless.

Thanks for sharing her pics.

Nickypoo

rearlpettway

Googled "Addis Ababa weather" haha. Is it accurate? I'm amazed at the temps these torts can live through in the wild. I constantly look up the temps of the locations of Leopard Torts. I couldn't imagine a keeper keeping their tort in the night time temperatures found in Addis Ababa... fascinating.

http://www.addis-ababa.climatemps.com/temperatures.php
Uhhhhh. now I feel stupid, "Google it"