Eight Rescued Tortoises!

SanctuaryHills

Location (City and/or State)
Miami, FL
What a good friend that was to give you these beautiful tortoises. I bet it is a beautiful sight to see them respond to you. Enjoy and take good care of them. I hope you find a way to get your aldabra someday soon.
Hi there! Someone traded me an Alda baby the very same day I posted here for the first time. So I'll be sticking around!

parisjennings

Tampa, FL
Are you still looking to rehome any of the redfoots? We have a sub-adult redfoot who grew up in a pair but one was attacked by a dog a while back. We think he (90% sure we have a male) is missing that social bond, so we are looking to adopt one or two more to add to his outdoor enclosure. We live in the Tampa Bay area, so we could pick up if necessary.

SanctuaryHills

Miami, FL
Are you still looking to rehome any of the redfoots? We have a sub-adult redfoot who grew up in a pair but one was attacked by a dog a while back. We think he (90% sure we have a male) is missing that social bond, so we are looking to adopt one or two more to add to his outdoor enclosure. We live in the Tampa Bay area, so we could pick up if necessary.
Sorry to hear that. Lose dogs are a huge problem around here for the same reason. Someone seems to have let lose an entire pack of pits, so a bunch of cats, other dogs, livestock, you name it..keep getting mauled because of irresponsible pet owners. Sadly I don't have the red footed tortoises anymore but I'll talk to my buddy who rescued a few others. He might still have a female. I'll get back to you.

Good luck, and again sorry to hear about the attack.

SanctuaryHills

Miami, FL
Top of the afternoon to you Mr. @wellington.

Was wondering what you thought of this design I drafted. A similar structure with the same outer dimensions will also be built for double the room (but without the shed) But I do rather build them separately as it's easier to move them around this way.

Note: He has a totally different enclosure for night time which includes a heated hut. This one here would be his/her day time grazing tractor.

My apologies for the spanish annotations. The dimension are universal though!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210907-121130_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210907-121130_Gmail.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 12

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Top of the afternoon to you Mr. @wellington.

Was wondering what you thought of this design I drafted. A similar structure with the same outer dimensions will also be built for double the room (but without the shed) But I do rather build them separately as it's easier to move them around this way.

Note: He has a totally different enclosure for night time which includes a heated hut. This one here would be his/her day time grazing tractor.

My apologies for the spanish annotations. The dimension are universal though!
Looks good.