Egyptian tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

MATortoise B

5 Year Member
What is the average price for a female and male?

Are they a heardy tort or not?

Thank you for any info you can give. :)

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
I'm new to Egyptians - so take what I say with a grain of salt. I don't know the prices for adults - but hatchlings go for $300 - 500. From everything I've read about them, and some of my own experiences, they are not hardy - in fact they can be fragile. If you're looking for a hardy tortoise you might try a Russian or Greek. Hope that was somewhat helpful!

CyberianHusky

10 Year Member!
Portland Oregon
I am new to Egyptians also and at first I thought they would be really difficult from everything I read. Other than some attention to setup space and temps they are not that hard to keep. Your best bet is to ask EgyptianDan on here he is quite the expert.

agiletorts

10 Year Member!
San Jose, CA
Breeders told me they're not that difficult to raise relatively speaking. But if this is your first time I'd to try with Greek or Hermann's. It depends on where do you live too. Make sure you buy a c.b. as it's easier for beginners.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I'd really try for a hardy tort, maybe something older then a hatchling to start out with. That way you can learn, and get a feel for how things work. Then when you are comfortable with your knowledge get an Egyptian. Believe me there is nothing worse thinking you are ready for torts, and getting what you really want. Only to find that you aren't as ready as you need to be.

Egyptians are so beautiful, I don't blame you at all for wanting one. You'll learn so much on this forum!

teq1

5 Year Member
Texas
Egyptians are awesome torts!! These were basically my first torts, though I had some knowledge about tort care from reading information online about them. In my opinion, they are easy to care for. As long as you have proper lighting and UVB and have knowledge about there diet and enclosure, everything should be fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.