Egg timeline

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Auburn, Alabama
I moved to a new place, and in my move I found these two eggs on Sep 2, 2018. They were not laid then since the had development already, so I am not sure of true date of laying.

I cannot attach images for some reason.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
The two eggs from the post above did not make it but I have preserved them in formalin. I did find this new egg a while ago I just have not made a post on it.FB_IMG_1551297052965.jpeg

Michael231

California
Hello!

I've been searching around the pancake tortoise section of the forum and I came across this thread. It's been awesome reading through all of this, going from failure to success!

I do have a few questions, as I keep pancakes of my own and have had success breeding at the facility I work at. I am curious about the individual tortoise from 2017/2018 you mentioned that only took 83 days incubation...whereas the rest seem to be in the 130-150 day range. Did you do something different for this guy incubation wise? Or did you do the 40-50% humidity, 86 Fahrenheit strategy you mentioned awhile back. Just curious as to why you think this guy took so much longer to hatch out.

Hopefully this year has been productive as well!

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
Hello!

I've been searching around the pancake tortoise section of the forum and I came across this thread. It's been awesome reading through all of this, going from failure to success!

I do have a few questions, as I keep pancakes of my own and have had success breeding at the facility I work at. I am curious about the individual tortoise from 2017/2018 you mentioned that only took 83 days incubation...whereas the rest seem to be in the 130-150 day range. Did you do something different for this guy incubation wise? Or did you do the 40-50% humidity, 86 Fahrenheit strategy you mentioned awhile back. Just curious as to why you think this guy took so much longer to hatch out.

Hopefully this year has been productive as well!

Super duper sorry for getting back to you so late I didn't realize that something I guess happened with the app and I was no longer getting notifications. I also have just been afk from online stuff for a while as well. The only thing I did change was I am not maintaining the humidity. It sits at about 0-20% in the incubator now. I dont actively manage the humidity anymore. Not sure why those ones hatched so fast comparatively from the rest.