Egg cycle.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Somewhere in Florida
Here are some big clutches of big eggs.
From Darth Maul

A clutch from Tambaqui...

Another clutch from Darth Maul with measurements...

From Marty-Girl...

I guess I was wrong. After checking old photos I found this clutch of ten eggs from Darth Maul.

I have a photo of a nine egg clutch around here somewhere, but you get the idea.

As for the spacing of the large clutches and the 'normal' ones I can't say. I quit keeping detailed records years ago. But I do not remember them being spaced very far apart.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I had a group of Colombian animals back in the 80's and 90's that would usually nest every 28 to 32 days apart...depending on the weather.
My cherry-heads are more flexible but again, it depends on the weather. If it is rainy for a number of days, or cold and the females come inside at night, their schedule can get disrupted.
As for clutch sizes one of my Colombian females once produced a clutch of seven eggs. But I've had numerous clutches from female cherry-heads that were six or seven eggs and then a handful of eight eggs. My largest female has produced two clutches of nine eggs, all of which were huge.
And fertile.
Nine :eek:. When the eggs are developing from the follicles, is the whole batch developed at once, or is it a case of each egg is developed one by one until the batch is ready? I'm guessing all at once.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Here are some big clutches of big eggs.
From Darth Maul

A clutch from Tambaqui...

Another clutch from Darth Maul with measurements...

From Marty-Girl...

I guess I was wrong. After checking old photos I found this clutch of ten eggs from Darth Maul.

I have a photo of a nine egg clutch around here somewhere, but you get the idea.

As for the spacing of the large clutches and the 'normal' ones I can't say. I quit keeping detailed records years ago. But I do not remember them being spaced very far apart.
Ten:eek:. Some of those are huge.