ecplaza.net?

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eugene, OR
Information please. Doing a search for rarer tortoise sellers I ran across this link that showed suppliers in Uganda and possibly Cameroon for less common Kinixys Sp. I sent a message asking Ecplaza.net about these outfits reliability and care of their animals and no answer as yet. Does anyone know anything about them or who would have such info?

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I had tried over a few years to import tortoises from actual breeders and do it all legally. It is a very tough thing to accomplish as the trust issue seems to be equally strong on both sides of a deal.

In short, it seems like you have to meet the person shake hands drink tea, wine whatever, and sort out the dunage, freight and export paperwork yourself. You basically have to work both side of the transaction. The momentary idea that floats through the head of many of the people who post such, is gone the next day. Follow-up and action are very rare. Then there is the language barrier.

Even simple export from Europe can get complicated for all these things let alone someone in a developing country that thinks you urinate gold and defecate silver.

I'm not done trying, but I needed a break from the effort.

Then there are two basic import models, commercial, and pets. Commercial gets all kinds of scrutiny even when all done legally, it's like you're a criminal anyways so we going to treat you like one. Or as pets, well if you really love that pet you'll pay more than first class passenger seat for the travel.

I get it why those who have successfully navigated all this don't want to spell to much of it out. It's a very expensive education. And most of the intermediaries want to really stick it to you for $$$.

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
Having lived long enough to retire all you said agrees very much with my own life experience and worst instincts. Unfortunately! A little LOL the way you put it too. Thank you very much for having walked this road and sharing it with me. Is it your feeling that we must actually go to Africa and shake hands with the folks we will deal with or else give it up as a bad idea? The idea of importing as pets is intriging. If I were to get them and travel with them as pets would the trip be any quicker and less traumatic for the Tortoises? Also how many could one ferry home this way at one time(over 4" size of course). My personal interest is to have these as breeders and not for resale.
I'm curious where you live? Sounds like Central America or South. Sorry for all the questions but it's how I learn. Also do you know anything about this Ecplaza.net outfit?

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The majority of the time exporters in Cameroon are scammers. Avoid them like the plague.

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
What about the original question? Calling one country scammers is not very informative of facts. Ecplaza.net?