Eating Eggs

JKC

Location (City and/or State)
Boise, Idaho
Hello! I tried feeding my Redfoot a boiled egg once. She loved it, and gobbled it all up. However, later, she looked sick, if it's possible for a tortoise to look "green" and had dark green, messy diarrhea, and eventually vomited white eggy stuff. I researched this sight, and was relieved to find someone else reporting the very same thing. Hoping to record this again in case there is anyone else like me out there who had this happen to their Redfoot. I've never fed my Redfoot an egg again, and surmised that she can't tolerate them.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I've scrambled eggs (with the shell) for my redfoot a couple of times... he loves it and hasn't gotten sick to date.

If you wanted to try it again, maybe just make it a smaller part of the meal.

Jamie

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I give mine scrambled eggs about once a month, they love them.

buglady

Pemba
Hello! I tried feeding my Redfoot a boiled egg once. She loved it, and gobbled it all up. However, later, she looked sick, if it's possible for a tortoise to look "green" and had dark green, messy diarrhea, and eventually vomited white eggy stuff. I researched this sight, and was relieved to find someone else reporting the very same thing. Hoping to record this again in case there is anyone else like me out there who had this happen to their Redfoot. I've never fed my Redfoot an egg again, and surmised that she can't tolerate them.
That's exactly what happened to me! I fed my torts boiled eggs (without the shells) and they had such bad diarea that i had to move them to another enclosure till the flies went away. I wonder what causes it...

buglady

Pemba
That's exactly what happened to me! I fed my torts boiled eggs (without the shells) and they had such bad diarea that i had to move them to another enclosure till the flies went away. I wonder what causes it...
(I have hingebacks)