Eat tiny rock and not **** discharged for couple days

henryzou1990

my tortoise is 4 yo margie, he eat some tiny rock couple days before and no **** discharge till now just pee. anyone can help me? Thanks.

T Smart

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, IL
my tortoise is 4 yo margie, he eat some tiny rock couple days before and no **** discharge till now just pee. anyone can help me? Thanks.

Try giving it a bath. Just fill up a container with shallow warm water, and put your tortoise in. Make sure it is big enough that he / she has space to walk around. This usually gets the bowels moving. You can keep your tortoise in there for 30 minutes, even longer if nothing comes out.

If this doesn't work, you can buy some mineral oil, and place a tiny amount on his food.

Hope this helps!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Do the warm soak in your tub if you can. Keep him warm the whole time. Make sure he keeps moving around in the soak, it helps to get the inside moving. Keep in soak for 1/2 hour or longer. Do this daily. Feed watery foods like cucumber, cactus, aloe, water melon, a little daily until he poops. Usually if it's small enough for them too swallow it will pass.