Easy To Clean Pond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
When I put the pond in the small sulcata enclosure I used a piece of pan liner rubber, At that time I figured I would do something with the edges later, After looking at it and seeing him go in and out without any problem, I am going to leave it as is, Now to clean it all I do is pick the piece of rubber up, let the water fall out on the ground, lay it flat in the grass and rinse it with the hose and then put it back in place and add water, takes about 2 minutes.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
A great idea Len, and I did just about the same thing in the box turtle garden, except I had to put some river rocks in to make it more shallow, as it was too deep for them. But the plants are starting to cover the black pond liner now. Easy to clean too, like yours...I just hose it out. And...a bonus...turtle poop is a great fertilizer.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
What is pan liner rubber? How would a person find it in a store?

Katherine

5 Year Member
Oh my goodness what is the name of that one succulent hanging down over the basket side? I have been trying to figure out what mine was for a long time. Sorry for being so off topic, the pond seems wonderful, I too love things that are easy to clean.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
DesertGrandma said:
What is pan liner rubber? How would a person find it in a store?
I got mine from a plumbing supply company, I traded for a whole roll. You can find it at lowes, or home depot, they sell it by the linear foot. wal mart has some clear plastic in the fabric section that is also on a roll and sold by the linear foot,in different thicknesses, that might work just as well and is cheaper than the pan liner.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
"pan" liner or is that an auto correct for "pond" liner?

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Thanks Len. That looks like a great idea and much more portable than concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.