easy shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
For those of us not able to build cool "shelves" for our torties, I pulled out some of these shelves I had in my garage (CHEAP from Wal-mart), to use with my hatchling bins... they are in small 41 quart sweater boxes from Target, but have ample room (you can see Dasani through the side on the top one). The shelves are wide enough that I could use a bigger bin, but with these smaller ones I'm not worried about it buckling in the middle. And as you see, there is plenty of room between them, and I have space for one more! Also the top shelf is only 3 feet or so off the ground so a shorty like me can easily reach everything!

103_7509.jpg

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Looks good Kelly, I assume Burton and Bonham are going in the empty bin? :) Dan said to tell you they didnt make the trip! lol He thinks they are too cute. (of course I dont think he used the word cute lol)

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Thanks! Yep that's for B&B! Now i just need one more hatchling for the bottom shelf... rofl!

LOL @ Dan!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Great idea! Just be careful the lights from B & B's don't melt the shelf above. Did you check it to see how hot it gets? Not trying to be a downer, but wouldn't want to see your new babies hurt!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Yep no problem! I've had them on all day, it is far enough below that the underneath of the shelf above isn't feeling any heat from it.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Great idea Kelly, I just love your resourcefulness in recycling materials, and I totally understand the height issue for us vertically challenged people. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.