Easy red foot enclosure .

MadisonTortGal

Location (City and/or State)
Madison, WI
This is how I do it . This small setup will keep a few hatchlings for the first year or so . I paid a little over one hundred dollars for everything .
One t5 5.0 uvb/ uva fixture.
One ceramic Dome fixture.
One thermostat.
One timer.
Two terracotta bowls.
One hide.
One digital thermometer.
One 50 watt ceramic heat emitter.
Oh jeez! Wish I’d seen this before today. I set up my hatchling house a little over a month ago. And after a TON of research this is exactly what I came up with also. I have a 2’ x 3’ bin that I think is about 1.5’ tall. Then I mounted T5-HO tube on one end and used a 60 watt CHE. I have 4” of eco earth for substrate that my baby cherryhead redfoot loves to burrow into.

The only difference I have is that I put 2 digital thermometer/hygrometer so that I can have one at each end. And I am currently using a flat piece of silicone for a food dish. It is really easy to wash clean in my kitchen sink that way. My redfoot poops nearly daily while eating on the food tray. LOL

MadisonTortGal

Location (City and/or State)
Madison, WI
The others I've built went with hatchlings as I rehomed them . When you build them this enclosure it ensures the hatchlings to be healthy for the first year or until they out grow the setup . I sell this ,but give away the tortioses to people I know . Or I make them buy everything and help them setup the enclosure .
I love this idea and plan to do the same when my cherryhead redfoot has babies. My sister really wants one! But I worry because she already has a Sulcata with some serious pyramids. So I was thinking that if I give her one of my hatchlings I will make a good humid setup to go with it and help the shell baby grow more smoothly.