eastern in my weed bed since sunday?

surfergirl

20160524_193136.jpg 20160524_193102.jpg 20160522_100838.jpg Obviously my chain link yard is not escape proof or entry proof as this eastern showed up Sunday. I havent seen one in my yard for a few years. Gotta spot check to mow all the time to make sure i don't hurt one though never know. I just love it when they come in and help themselves to my garden. since he has stayed very close to the same spot since Sunday makes me think they like the weeds and wild strawberries. Several shots and one where he is so camouflaged that you can barely see him.

I haven't touch him at all hoping he hangs out for a while. I love it when the wild boxies visit me on their own terms. :)

Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's the best, the wild ones being wild, but where you can enjoy them. I bet they love the strawberries.

surfergirl

It has orange and yellow eyes so i think it is male due to all the color. At first i thought it might be female laying eggs on this sunny sloped area but looks like a male to me. I am not going to mess with it to be sure, i think he will hang around longer if i ignore him. He knows i am taking pictures of him but he is not bashful at all. Like you said awesome wild! If i had it my way my yard would have passerby more often :)

surfergirl

Oh i forgot to mention we have blackberries, rasberries, blueberries, muscadimes, dwarf mulberry and domestic and wild strawberries. Lots of earthworms, might have something to do with him stopping in. Just planted a grape. Its all for us to eat the fruit but my torts like the leaves occassionally :)