Eastern Box Turtle Pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leopard Tortoise Lover 16199

5 Year Member
This is my Eastern box turtle. Got it off a nature trail for a turtle race, keeping it outside, letting hunt for itself so it doesn't forget how, had for about a week. The turtle race is tomorrow, wish the little turtle good luck!! Letting him go back into the wild after the race. :)ImageUploadedByTortForum1372875125.342782.jpg ImageUploadedByTortForum1372875149.508911.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
Beautiful! I'm glad to hear you are releasing her back to the wild - be sure to release her exactly where you found her. Good luck!

Keeblercop

5 Year Member
Yes, I agree, same place...looks ancient! I love the pics, love the obvious age and notches on shell, etc...would love to see his/her life and where they've been and came from...bet it's had quite the life. Good luck tomorrow!

kimber_lee_314 said:
Beautiful! I'm glad to hear you are releasing her back to the wild - be sure to release her exactly where you found her. Good luck!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Sorry, but I think that's horrible and extremely stressful, for a wild box turtle to go through. How would you like it if a big giant took you out of your natural environment and put you in a strange place and made you run for your life? Everyone talks about keeping our turtles and tortoises healthy and happy and we do everything we can not to stress them out so they don't get sick, but then we take them from their happy place and home and do that to them. Shame on you!!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: Eastern Box Turtle Pics!!

terryo said:
Sorry, but I think that's horrible and extremely stressful, for a wild box turtle to go through. How would you like it if a big giant took you out of your natural environment and put you in a strange place and made you run for your life? Everyone talks about keeping our turtles and tortoises healthy and happy and we do everything we can not to stress them out so they don't get sick, but then we take them from their happy place and home and do that to them. Shame on you!!

I will have to agree with Terryo on this one just put it back where you found it .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
mike taylor said:
terryo said:

I will have to agree with Terryo on this one just put it back where you found it .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

I agree!

mchong9606

10 Year Member!
I thought the same thing Terryo, but maybe I was overacting. Taking him out of his environment for a turtle race and stressing him out isn't right. He needs to go home where he belongs.

Leopard Tortoise Lover 16199

5 Year Member
Yes I let him go where we found him yesterday. He was quite fun to have around through. I kept him outside in a large enclosure so he could hunt and walk around freely. But I'm sure he's definitely happier in his natural home. And I only had him for about 5 days. ImageUploadedByTortForum1373029415.498173.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.