eastern box turtle, general questions and setup help

Status
Not open for further replies.

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paradise
Rover15 said:
Your setup is moss and that green pad/carpet? How is the humidity? The moss would dry out fast would it not?

Do you have any pictures of your setup

I do live in South Florida and it gets very hot here, the moss does dry out fast but because of the temperature here in florida it's always a good temperature for the turtles. Maybe put some soil underneath the moss, it's your own preference. I have also offered my turtles fruit and veggies since they were weeks old, they are almost five and six months old now.

Here's the set up. It's inside now because we have had some cold fronts.

Attachments

• image-2733004093.png
    image-2733004093.png
    1,002.3 KB · Views: 26

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
Thank you to everyone that has helped I'm so excited to pick up my boxturtles I have 9 more days to go XD and a lot more research, I can never know too much

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
My little 9 month old 3 toe still feeds exclusively on live food. There's always fresh greens, veggie and Mazuri available but I only saw her nip at pear twice... It's normal, nothing to worry about. I also still have to dig her up for soaks and meals, which I give in a separate container so I can keep track of the bugs and count how many she eats.
You got some excellent advice so far. I'd suggest reading everything by TerryO, absolutely not to discount anyone else, but she's in Jersey so her climate is pretty much identical to ours so we can apply the same care and hopefully get the same great results :)

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
diaboliqueturtle said:
My little 9 month old 3 toe still feeds exclusively on live food. There's always fresh greens, veggie and Mazuri available but I only saw her nip at pear twice... It's normal, nothing to worry about. I also still have to dig her up for soaks and meals, which I give in a separate container so I can keep track of the bugs and count how many she eats.
You got some excellent advice so far. I'd suggest reading everything by TerryO, absolutely not to discount anyone else, but she's in Jersey so her climate is pretty much identical to ours so we can apply the same care and hopefully get the same great results :)

I agree fully Terryo has helped me a lot I'm just counting down the days till I pick them up XD

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Rover15 said:
I agree fully Terryo has helped me a lot I'm just counting down the days till I pick them up XD

Gawd i can imagine!!!
Are you getting them from Tails & scales? If so, I'm shaking my fist at you! Jokingly, of course, I've been working on my hubby to let me get them ;-) But, I'd rather see them go to a good home instead of waiting for me for who knows how long :) Even with my experience with 2 young daughters' tantrums to draw from, I can't get him to budge. He's a tough one ;-D

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
diaboliqueturtle said:
Rover15 said:

Gawd i can imagine!!!
Are you getting them from Tails & scales? If so, I'm shaking my fist at you! Jokingly, of course, I've been working on my hubby to let me get them ;-) But, I'd rather see them go to a good home instead of waiting for me for who knows how long :) Even with my experience with 2 young daughters' tantrums to draw from, I can't get him to budge. He's a tough one ;-D

Hamilton reptile 300 each XD

Status
Not open for further replies.