Early dinner

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Just an early morning pic. I got home from Kerry's yesterday morning and only saw Matilda's dug-in shell all day until she came out when I was heading to bed around 7pm. I had placed the food in last night, she found it this morning and wasn't thrilled about the photo-op! I went to turn the piece of meat over & she bit it and held on....Tug-of War style....wow! She must REALLY like that Kansas Steaks brand seasoning I used! 2021110steak8_035817_HDR.png

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Just an early morning pic. I got home from Kerry's yesterday morning and only saw Matilda's dug-in shell all day until she came out when I was heading to bed around 7pm. I had placed the food in last night, she found it this morning and wasn't thrilled about the photo-op! I went to turn the piece of meat over & she bit it and held on....Tug-of War style....wow! She must REALLY like that Kansas Steaks brand seasoning I used! View attachment 335808
Next time send that steak to me...instead of her...lol

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
She really was not thrilled with the intrusion. That look on her is deadly lol.
Love the grumpy/angry faces some can have. I think it's funny something so harmless can be so mean looking

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
She really was not thrilled with the intrusion. That look on her is deadly lol.
Love the grumpy/angry faces some can have. I think it's funny something so harmless can be so mean looking
Remember that box turtle hatchling I found and named Grumpyface?...He's dead now but even at 25 hrs old he had a grumpy face...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Yes I do remember him and yes he was a grumpy face.
Box turtles have so much character...those who are strictly tortoise people are really missing out...here's a new guy given to a pet store and they called me as they only sell good example of the species which this guy is not...his keeper has died and the family says this little turtle is 20 years old...I've just had him for a month or so...he is deformed the way they get without UVB, and evidently he lived in the desert w/out water...he is petrified of the water and he is so dry...oh heck...didn't mean to hijack this thread...sorry...100_0517.JPG

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
No prob at all Mags...no, you aren't "hijacking", you're sharing with us....is that Carrot juice?

Carrot soaks.....I personally thought you were nuts, till it saved little Matilda! Now, I'm a believer! Just like Mickey!!

Doubt I'll ever sing about Matilda that way though............"Then I saw her face, now I'm a beliew................

lol

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Box turtles have so much character...those who are strictly tortoise people are really missing out...here's a new guy given to a pet store and they called me as they only sell good example of the species which this guy is not...his keeper has died and the family says this little turtle is 20 years old...I've just had him for a month or so...he is deformed the way they get without UVB, and evidently he lived in the desert w/out water...he is petrified of the water and he is so dry...oh heck...didn't mean to hijack this thread...sorry...View attachment 335814
I played taxi driver for a bunch of Boxies a few years ago. I had to keep them for a few days before I drove them to a former member up in Michigan. They were a hoot and very clever on finding ways to try and escape. I also owned one for a few years, before getting my first tort, until that one did escape and never found. I enjoyed them but not as much as my torts.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
No prob at all Mags...no, you aren't "hijacking", you're sharing with us....is that Carrot juice?

Carrot soaks.....I personally thought you were nuts, till it saved little Matilda! Now, I'm a believer! Just like Mickey!!

Doubt I'll ever sing about Matilda that way though............"Then I saw her face, now I'm a beliew................

lol
I was not a believer when my sister told me to do that 15 years ago...and it really does work! The keepers who say it doesn't work, either waited too long or didn't soak long enuf. The timer on the light and che failed while I was at my sister's and one of my favorite little box turtles got too cold and stopped eating...I soaked him daily for almost 3 weeks before he started eating again...and the male in the photo is not eating yet that I've seen. Supposedly he's 20 years old and his keeper turned him in to the pet store as she couldn't care for him any more...he won't eat fruit or live protein, today I tried soaked mazuri...he may not be eating but he's tried to breed every female I have...they end up beating him up so i put him with someone different...The matriarch of my little creep got tired of it and tipped him over...oh the drama in their world...lol

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I had read examples here on this forum for the 1st time....and you know I'm old so I was very skeptical. Having gone to public schools back when we learned what scientific method was, I tried to remain objective. When last year and my own turtle got into trouble, I tried it and saw a marked difference, within days, not weeks, a marked difference! There was no voodoo, no imagining it, not even any hocus pocus....she just got better. I remember being quick to give you credit for her health too....that really was a Godsend!

Same but different, have faith, it applies....the old 70's 2 stroke street bikes are my "thing", I have the old Water Buffalo, a couple H2's, H1's even a little 250 S1 triple. I expanded on someone else's work and developed a $20buck method for rejuvenating the crank seals so critical on a 2 stroke engine and after 45+ years, the original ones need help. It saves the new owner having to spend 600 bucks + shipping or more AFTER they tear their engine down, to have the crank rebuilt with new seals and bearings of course. MANY, MANY people called me an idiot.....but it worked and soon guys were writing to me in private asking for the written instructions how to do it. That was 10 yrs ago, now it's accepted.....not as good as a new crank, but a lot cheaper too! This will happen with Carrot soaks too.....as more and more try it and post.