Dug it up!

Oldbattleaxe

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South South Texas,
I carefully dug up Mama Mag's egg laying area, it was free of eggs, sadly, but it is now perlite free.IMG_1878.JPG

Will tackle the second area later or tomorrow as we're under storm warning now.
I lucked into 40-50 used cinder blocks yesterday, a big thanks to Hubby and son for helping me get them home.
IMG_1879.JPG
Here I've layed some of them out and as soon as I'm happy with the configuration, I'll stake them out, break up the sod and dig a level trench to form the base of the wall. The long term plan is to build three 17'x20' yards into this space between Mag's 8x8 yard and the back fence. I'm mainly concentrating on the first one right now, though.
One option is to build the wall and a small shelter and move my three Russian males into this yard, and the other is to build a larger shelter and start my dream redfoot yard. I'm leaning towards the latter.
One of my Russian males, Voldetort, is the smallest one I have, and the most aggressive. The fellow I got him from said he attacked several other much larger torts, (think they kept a mixed herd) and bit their dog several times before the dog bit him back. He lives by himself in a large yard and I don't think it would be a good idea to put him with my other two males, no matter the space.
I think I would prefer to make the shelter much larger and make this a redfoot yard. I have some trees I can put in, peach and guava, and plenty of cactus, mother-in-law's tongue, giant fern, etc. and can build an artificial shade or two if needed.
As always, ideas opinions and warnings welcome. That's about it for today, I guess. Thanks in advance!