double decker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindy

10 Year Member!
View attachment 799hi, does anyone on here have a double decker type of enclosure. im trying to save room and thought that 2 stories would work good? anyone have any photos of theres,? I currently have a bookshelf however, its taking up lots of room,the tortoises are outside most of the spring, summer and fall howerver, they are housed inside at night and in the winter. THey are russians and about 4-5 inches. or is it better just to build two separate enclosures and put one in one and two in the other, i was thinking around 3 feet. and put them on top of each other with about 2 feet gap, i just thought of making one big(tall) enlosure would be better?
any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

ryanp15

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Great Yarmouth, UK
all i know about double decker enclosures is that the ramps would need to be gradually rising, and the edges would need some type of barrier so that they don't fall off. You may want to use a rough material for the ramp, or to coat the ramp, sandpaper?

I would probably do seperate ones anyway :D you could make a bigger one on the bottom for the 2, and then one above for the 1. :D

I suppose anything would be ok as long as it's safe and big enough :D

Status
Not open for further replies.