no, what is gonna happen to your torts?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Listen to David...he just comes right out and says, "no" like he knows there are no tort friendly people in Alabama. :p

I think we DO have several Alabamans on the forum. And Kim Gibson lives in Alabama. She was doing sulcata rescue for Julie with the Long Island Turtle & Tortoise Rescue.

Come on, Corey...give us more info.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
As long as you don't have any CDTs your torts and turtles should be okay in Alabama. I don't know how a person could live there though :) , but everyone should know by now that I an spoiled by S. California weather.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Cory is going to be a busy boy for a while. If he's not answering its probably be cause he's somewhere far away. He's going to go nuts in AL. Haha.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Try to go to Gulf Shores, Alabama while you are there. It is 10 minutes outside of Pensacola, FL. Beautiful white sandy beaches on the Gulf of Mexico. Really beautiful place.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
sorry for the late reply on this thread, i completely forgot i posted it here...

I am going to Alabama for US Army training, I am going through Officer Training, then SERE school, then Helicopter school to fly the UH-60 Blackhawk. I will be there for 12-24 months in length.

Once I am in flight school, I will get a few weekends off to enjoy the local area. I have been to Destin, Panama City Beach, and other nearby coastal towns. Any other recommendations? Any turtle/tortoise people down there?

Thanks for all your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.