Don't ever bother trying to order anything from The Tortoise Lady!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Amber*

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Suffolk, UK
I ordered a large Zoo Med lamp stand from the tortoise lady, http://www.thetortoiselady.com/index.htm on 22nd Nov. My money went from my account on 23rd Nov, and on her website, she states that she usually ships orders within 3 working days, but by 30th Nov, I hadn't recieved it, so sent her this message-

"Hello, I ordered a large Zoo Med lamp stand on the 22nd November, and I
still haven't recieved it. I was just wondering how much longer it
will take to arrive, as I have had to improvise a stand on my new
tortoise table for the meantime, but I'd rather have a proper safe one.

Many thanks, Amber."

She never replied, so on the 6th Dec, I sent her this message incase she missed the first one-

"I ordered a large zoo med lamp stand 2 weeks ago, and still have not recieved it! On your website you say you usually send orders within 3 days! This is the 2nd time I am having to ask, as I got no response from you last time! If you are not going to send my stand, then please refund my money which was taken from my account on the 23rd of November, a day after I placed my order.

Many thanks, Amber."

She finally replied on the 9th Dec with this message-

"Hi Amber Im really sorry that this has been missed. you should have been refunded and emailed at the time that your order was received. Your email order had been missed in this process. im really sorry, they are out of stock. iwill refund you today.

thank you"

So I replied with this-

"Hello, thank you for getting back to me and sorting out a refund, no worries, these things happen.

Many thanks, Amber."

So it got to the 22nd Dec, and I still didn't have my refund, so getting a bit peed off, I sent her this message-

"Hello, on the 9th of Dec, you said you would refund me that day for my tortoise lamp stand that I ordered in Nov! I still have not recieved a refund from you! :-("

I still have yet to hear back from her or recieve my 29 pound refund! Why do some people have to mess you about so much???!!! :(

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Oh dear! :(

Hope you manage to get your refund from her. Surely, she could have got in some new stock by then, even if she didn't have them when you first ordered?

All seems very dodgy. Thanks for the warning!

*Amber*

5 Year Member
Suffolk, UK
Goodness knows! I'm usually an easy going person, but this has annoyed me! Just didn't want others to be in my situation!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Did you pay through Paypal? If so, then file a dispute. It's been a few year since I did it so I don't recall the time period that it is an option for you. You might want to look into it sooner rather than later.

*Amber*

5 Year Member
Suffolk, UK
jaizei said:
Did you pay through Paypal? If so, then file a dispute. It's been a few year since I did it so I don't recall the time period that it is an option for you. You might want to look into it sooner rather than later.

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, I did pay by Paypal. I will look into disputing it, thank you for your help.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Good for you, hope this helps others. You can also dispute something charged on a credit card (not debit), which is essentially what PayPal is using. Hope you get satisfaction!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
If there's no delivery confirmation...Paypal will refund!

*Amber*

5 Year Member
Suffolk, UK
I have just had to escalate my dispute to a claim, as I still have not heard from her, or had my refund! :(

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Hope you get your money back! I hate when people pull scams and sh*t like that! GRRrrrr! Good luck to you! :)

*Amber*

5 Year Member
Suffolk, UK
Well woo hoo, I have finally recieved a refund from her today, when she had until tomorrow before Paypal got on to her! She has said there was a problem with her website, and her shop is now closed, but I went on it, and people are still able to put things in their shopping cart and pay, so she lied about that! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, how can people be so annoying??!!! At least I've finally got my refund after making my order on the 22nd Nov, 2011!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Good on the refund, I suspect things that this will get worse before they get better!

Status
Not open for further replies.