DON'T Buy this!!! (Zoo Med Reptile Fogger)

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Metro Detroit
So I received my Zoo Med Reptile Fogger. It is LOUD!!! Do not buy it.ImageUploadedByTortForum1397086295.046860.jpg

Just going to make one with a humidifier, and vinyl tubing. There are a million YouTube videos on how to make one.

aargh! So frustrating Zoo Med!!

Last edited by a moderator:

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I have one, it works, and isn't loud at all. Its great, i have it over my frogs, and they love it.

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
Really? I'm so disappointed I received a bad one! I read some reviews on amazon and it's only getting 3 stars. You must've gotten lucky! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

NicoleB26

5 Year Member
Rome, OH
I had several before I built a closed chamber for my redfoots and they never lasted very long. I'm not surprised you got a lemon. I also made my own using a Crane elephant humidifier I got off amazon it worked great. Just attached tubing to the elephant trunk and ran it into the enclosure. :D

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Mine was really loud at first but for some reason it stopped and works fine now.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I have one i have been using for two years no problems so far. Zoomed has a great warranty to they will send you replacement partsc.

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
lismar79 said:
Mine was really loud at first but for some reason it stopped and works fine now.

Really? How long was it loud? Hours? Days?

mike taylor said:
I have one i have been using for two years no problems so far. Zoomed has a great warranty to they will send you replacement partsc.

Yeah, I really like Zoo med products so I was SupriSeD!!!!

prelyt

5 Year Member
Southern California
I have this humidifier. I think its great, it works well but occasionally the fan burns out and makes a terrible sound. Its only happened twice since I bought my Repti Fogger (used, off craigslist) but both times Zoo Med has sent me a replacement fan and that solved the problem. It seems to only want to use distilled water otherwise it goes to hell rather quickly.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Call ZooMed and let them know. They will send a replacement part free of charge and make you a happy customer again.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
christinaland128 said:
lismar79 said:

Really? How long was it loud? Hours? Days?

mike taylor said:

Yeah, I really like Zoo med products so I was SupriSeD!!!!

A few hours.

dds7155

5 Year Member
I agree with Tom . zoomed customer service is Great,,

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Good luck. I bought one, it quit working less then a month. Tried another, same thing. I then gave up on them and bought a human personal humidifier and never had a problem.

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
I could have told you this. The topic has been brought up time and time again. It's best to use the Search bar when doing research on such products before purchase. The reviews on this are horrible.

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
Raar, I missed that topic somehow. [PENSIVE FACE]. Thanks though guys. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
If you have a Walgreen near id go with the ultrasonic humidifier they offer. Its 40$, but worth every penny. No noise and produces alot of fog.

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
Update! I contacted the company and they instructed me how to cushion the fan with duct tape. It's QUIET as a mouse now! :)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
to extend the life of your fogger/humidifiers .... make sure you only use distilled water. The mineral content of regular tap water will eventually coat the inside works and it will stop working. It happens even fast with the ultrasonic humidifiers.