Doll collecting forums? I cannot find any!

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
Are there any forums for doll collecting / doll making out there that members can recommend to me? I have joined a couple in the past, but they had no activity it seems..... I'm not sure where the most popular community online would be for something like that.
I've been a member on an online community for digital pets where the members were really mean!!! I couldn't believe it!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I googled and OUR DOLL FORUM popped up.....Then other posts warning that THAT doll forum was a rip off.
The rest are about sex dolls.
I find it very odd because doll collecting and trading, restoring are something a lot of folks are into.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OMG Yvone I am having nightmares right now! It gives me the chills to look at the pictures
LOL! I know what you mean. A couple of the Googly Eyed dolls would keep me awake too. When my tortoise partner comes up to get the baby leopards, that's where he sleeps. He says the dolls don't bother him.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
11-1-11 prince william.jpg

This is Prince William. I bought the greenware, cleaned, painted and fired it and entered him in the State Fair. I won a blue ribbon for my class, then third best of class overall. He sits right opposite the bed and stares at whoever is sleeping there all night!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
View attachment 283925

This is Prince William. I bought the greenware, cleaned, painted and fired it and entered him in the State Fair. I won a blue ribbon for my class, then third best of class overall. He sits right opposite the bed and stares at whoever is sleeping there all night!!
Why don't you just come out and SAY that you don't want visiters?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are there any forums for doll collecting / doll making out there that members can recommend to me? I have joined a couple in the past, but they had no activity it seems..... I'm not sure where the most popular community online would be for something like that.
I've been a member on an online community for digital pets where the members were really mean!!! I couldn't believe it!
Yahoo Groups has some pretty nice list servs. I'm not aware that they have any for doll making/collecting, but it's worth a look.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I can't say the all kinds of forums I have run accross due to events at work that people get involved in, but Zeropilot is right. Makes no sense when I can find more than I ever want in forums for MAINTAINING YOUR LAWN! OMG:rolleyes:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think it's an older generation hobby, and a lot of the "older" ladies are really not computer literate. I took doll making lessons quite a few years ago and all the other ladies in the class were upwards of 60 years of age.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
No way! I just got myself some craft dolls to make doll clothes for sewing projects in the last couple of years! I'm 33. I never owned a doll growing up because I'm kind of a Tom-boy chick... but i weakened and ordered myself 2 Battat "Glitter Girls" dolls to have try with for my Christmas present this year. I love to make miniatures , and do sewing projects. I usually collect kaiju action figures, but dolls have won a place in my heart because making them clothes is really, really addictive.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I know the feeling, I think I became interested in soap when I was like 23. Decades younger than the main demographic of soap makers.