Dog owners: Do you "spoil" your dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
I've caught flack for "spoiling" my miniature schnauzer.

And by spoiling I don't mean giving him a bunch of fatty human foods and dressing him up like a cabbage patch doll. I mean when he lets me know he wants something, I make sure he gets it as long as it's within reason.

He's developed the habit of going outside, and getting a dog treat whenever he comes back in. So, he wants to go outside all the time and then begs at the cabinet.

I always give him the treat. I figure it's one of those small things that makes his relatively short life worth living, so why not? When he lays down at the foot of the bed, I always bend myself around him so he's comfortable instead of kicking him to the floor. Things like that. lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are you kidding me? I've spoiled Misty so badly that she is neurotic.

11-18-12.jpg

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Oh gosh yes. My dogs don't get human food, are incredibly well trained and will never get anything in life for free (we are on a strict NILF program, they hate it!) but I work at a petstore so a regular night for them is me coming home with a new toy or some treats that were on clearance. I swear, I spend half of my paycheck at my workplace :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yes, I admit my dogs get spoiled and yes I have favorites. My chidlren will all tell you sad stories of how, when we would go to Lincoln to visit my Mom weather permitting a certain spoiled dog always rode along... she had front seat rights. On the way home, I would pull into McDonalds and buy her (the dog) a hamburger. Nothing for the poor starving children (who just to keep the record straight had eaten while in Lincoln). :D To hear my kids tell it, my favorite animals can never do anything wrong in my mind and get away with everything. :rolleyes: :D

As for the bed thing, yeppers it's not allowed to move the dog. The human must bend to the dog and resisit moving even when in pain, least you disturb their sleep. :D

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
f66d9a75.jpg
and yes all my pets are spoiled. BuLLy got a cat named Diesel a few years ago. we found diesel outside at 4 days old. all my pets are spoileds. 'lol'

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
momo said:
f66d9a75.jpg
and yes all my pets are spoiled. BuLLy got a cat named Diesel a few years ago. we found diesel outside at 4 days old. all my pets are spoileds. 'lol'

OMG that pic is priceless! It's like they have the same thing on their mind. "Give me what I want or pay the consequences!"

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Our dog is arguably spoiled? She is a nine year old dachshund, with back problems and a bad attitude. She's just gotten more grumpy and treasured as the years have rolled by. We don't really give her excess treats or anything, it's more of a...letting her get away with murder kind of spoiling.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
NudistApple said:
Our dog is arguably spoiled? She is a nine year old dachshund, with back problems and a bad attitude. She's just gotten more grumpy and treasured as the years have rolled by. We don't really give her excess treats or anything, it's more of a...letting her get away with murder kind of spoiling.
i love dachshunds.they really let you know when somebodys at the door.
hope you all have a great holiday.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Aren't we suppose to spoil them:D Yes, OMG yes, all my animals are spoiled. My kid too. As long as they are spoiled, but not spoiled BRATS.:D

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
MishkaBaby1.JPGMyMishkaDec2012.JPG

I just love my Mishka! He gets what ever he wants! LOL! My little Pekingese.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Mine are spoiled, I guess. They eat very healthy though. No bad food.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
2011-11-04 13.24.54.jpg
2011-11-04 13.24.39.jpg
No my dogs are not spoiled they just have their own couch!

Last edited by a moderator:

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Pittsburgh, PA
momo said:
i love dachshunds.they really let you know when somebodys at the door.
hope you all have a great holiday.

Do they ever! Lucie also likes to inform us about our roommates kitten, and how much she hates it, and wishes she would go away.

She tells us about that a LOT. ;)

TinkfromMD

5 Year Member
Maryland
RE: Dog owners: Do you "spoil" your dogs?

I cook for my dog everyday and leave cartoon network at night when I'm at work.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Are my dogs spoiled? Well, they are both loved more than words can describe. I can't even begin to tell you what those dogs mean to me.

I wish all dogs were loved like that.

theelectraco

5 Year Member

I have a dachshund, you don't have a choice whether you spoil them or not. Wouldn't change my dog for the world tho :) how can you say no to this face?

Attachments

• image-672858318.png
    image-672858318.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 23

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York

theelectraco said:
I have a dachshund, you don't have a choice whether you spoil them or not. Wouldn't change my dog for the world tho :) how can you say no to this face?

So sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.