Does this look like pyramiding?

I posted before I got the chance to write anything. I can't tell if there is regular growth or pyramiding- wondering if anyone else has an opinion. Closed chamber enclosure- humidity 82% ambient heat 87 basking 102. She is on a coco coir substrate, gets daily soakings, outside time and is fed emulsified grass

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I can't really see pyramiding yet in the picture. The new growth is just starting to show a bit of a depression, but it is too early to know what it is doing. Healthy, smooth growth will often start a new "spurt" with a bit of that look, which creates the growth rings normal on a sulcata. If it were to deepen, I would be concerned, but at this stage, can be completely a normal start to good growth. It sounds like you have things set up nicely with the humidity and temps, and a closed chamber. Assume night temps are at least 80° and there is more to the diet than just grass?

I can't really see pyramiding yet in the picture. The new growth is just starting to show a bit of a depression, but it is too early to know what it is doing. Healthy, smooth growth will often start a new "spurt" with a bit of that look, which creates the growth rings normal on a sulcata. If it were to deepen, I would be concerned, but at this stage, can be completely a normal start to good growth. It sounds like you have things set up nicely with the humidity and temps, and a closed chamber. Assume night temps are at least 80° and there is more to the diet than just grass?

Night temps stay about 84 with humidity the same as usual. When I emulsify the grass I throw in a few different kinds- I have different kinds potted outside- sometimes I mix in a little bit of some type of leafy green and sometimes not.