Does this look concerning?

MEEJogja

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
Just got back from the vet...
They trimmed his beak and he did great, he is so much happier already! And he is actually not a he... he is a she!!! I'm stickin with George tho! hehe

The vet said it was REALLY long and likely from his.. I mean her.. diet.
I rescued him 9 months ago, he was really neglected and was left alone for weeks at a time. I knew nothing about any type of reptile, had never really come more than 10 feet from one lol. I did tons and tons of research and have worked so hard to make him the best and most optimal home. I've been feeding him a large variety of dark leafy greens and weed, supplements, cuttlebones. None cut up. Not sure what i'm not offering that would help avoid this from happening in the future.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions... and for not ripping me apart on this obvious oversight on my part - I feel like a terrible Tortie mama :(

i'm honestly so grateful for this forum. <3

View attachment 316225
A happy ending! I had to scroll up to check this picture was taken from the same side.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Just got back from the vet...
They trimmed his beak and he did great, he is so much happier already! And he is actually not a he... he is a she!!! I'm stickin with George tho! hehe

The vet said it was REALLY long and likely from his.. I mean her.. diet.
I rescued him 9 months ago, he was really neglected and was left alone for weeks at a time. I knew nothing about any type of reptile, had never really come more than 10 feet from one lol. I did tons and tons of research and have worked so hard to make him the best and most optimal home. I've been feeding him a large variety of dark leafy greens and weed, supplements, cuttlebones. None cut up. Not sure what i'm not offering that would help avoid this from happening in the future.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions... and for not ripping me apart on this obvious oversight on my part - I feel like a terrible Tortie mama :(

i'm honestly so grateful for this forum. <3

View attachment 316225
Your helping of George warmed my heart. You are not to blame and in fact you got her taken care of. It takes a long time for a tortoise to develop a problem like that.?