Does this look bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

demo183

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston, MA
I noticed this white/cream colored spot while bathing my female russian just now on her upper central scute. Does it look like shell rot or anything harmful? What should I do?

4h51N.jpg

WallieTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, NY
demo183 said:
I noticed this white/cream colored spot while bathing my female russian just now on her upper central scute. Does it look like shell rot or anything harmful? What should I do?

4h51N.jpg

From my observations of the photo, it looks like it's just some discoloration....but let's let the experts decide. The pic is a bit blurry though.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
are we talking about the white spot on the first single scute down the back of the shell?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It does not look like shell rot, I would think it is ether some shell damage, or just a mark on the shell, can you scrape it off?

demo183

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
i didnt try cause i didnt want to hurt her. I poked at it a little with one of those small eyeglass screwdrivers and it feels just as hard as the rest of her shell.

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona
That looks like old damage to me...Probably happened from trying to dig under something. That spot usually rubs back and forth when they try to dig their way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.