Does Om need to go to the vet?

Stitchpunk

Location (City and/or State)
Auckland New Zealand
So. We haven't been able to build an outdoor enclosure for my 1-yo Greek spur thigh yet, for a number of reasons, but as it is summer here I have been putting him/her in a secure run outdoors for a couple of hours every afternoon so s/he can get lots of sun. A couple of weeks ago Om managed to find and eat a random piece of aquarium gravel (s/he goes after anything white, and I assume thought it was calcium, Though I dust the food with either multivitamins or calcium every day and there is cuttlebone in the enclosure as well.)
I wasn't too worried because it wasn't large (less than 5mm I think) and not sharp. Since then Om has been eating normally, but the last couple of times I've bathed Om s/he has been making a noise! It's quite quiet, somewhere between a squelch and a quack. Is this a sign of distress?

It's hard to say whether Om is behaving and pooping normally because we have had builders putting in new ceilings and Om has been most disgruntled and hiding a lot. And with also spending more time outside I haven't been able to monitor the poo like I usually would. S/he didn't poop during the last bath, but then it was a short one because of the noise and because Om doesn't like baths much anyway.

Another possible cause of intestinal trouble could be all the clover Om has been munching on while outside. I try not to feed to much of it usually but there's so much around at the moment.
Opinions please! Take Om to a vet? Or monitor closely for a while?

Kasia

Poland
So. We haven't been able to build an outdoor enclosure for my 1-yo Greek spur thigh yet, for a number of reasons, but as it is summer here I have been putting him/her in a secure run outdoors for a couple of hours every afternoon so s/he can get lots of sun. A couple of weeks ago Om managed to find and eat a random piece of aquarium gravel (s/he goes after anything white, and I assume thought it was calcium, Though I dust the food with either multivitamins or calcium every day and there is cuttlebone in the enclosure as well.)
I wasn't too worried because it wasn't large (less than 5mm I think) and not sharp. Since then Om has been eating normally, but the last couple of times I've bathed Om s/he has been making a noise! It's quite quiet, somewhere between a squelch and a quack. Is this a sign of distress?

It's hard to say whether Om is behaving and pooping normally because we have had builders putting in new ceilings and Om has been most disgruntled and hiding a lot. And with also spending more time outside I haven't been able to monitor the poo like I usually would. S/he didn't poop during the last bath, but then it was a short one because of the noise and because Om doesn't like baths much anyway.

Another possible cause of intestinal trouble could be all the clover Om has been munching on while outside. I try not to feed to much of it usually but there's so much around at the moment.
Opinions please! Take Om to a vet? Or monitor closely for a while?
Watch :) he could be taking the redecoration
of your home badly and that's all.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Does clover cause intestinal trouble?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would just keep a closer eye on him. Soak him daily for 20-30 minutes whether he likes it or not and cut back on the calcium your giving to a small pinch no more then twice a week. Too much is as bad as too little. Daily is too much