Does my tortoise want a toy?

Domm

Location (City and/or State)
PA
Hello,

My 9 month old eastern hermanns tort seems to like chasing things. I dont let it roam around the house or on my floors ever. When he has his soaks in between changing his water he seems to find whatever he can on the counter and roll it around to chase it . He even tries to run along the fish tank after the fish when is swims by .

I’ve heard do many mixed opinions on toys for torts, would he like a ping pong ball or something to stimulate him?

Aloysius Taschse

Mainly Texas
I put a couple of tortoise-safe plastic balls in Kiwi's enclosure. She doesn't play with them much, but since I can't take her outside anymore she might play with them more out of boredom. I would definitely suggest having some sort of stimulation for your Hermann, but ALWAYS make sure the toys are tortoise-safe.

Domm

PA
I put a couple of tortoise-safe plastic balls in Kiwi's enclosure. She doesn't play with them much, but since I can't take her outside anymore she might play with them more out of boredom. I would definitely suggest having some sort of stimulation for your Hermann, but ALWAYS make sure the toys are tortoise-safe.

That was a worry of mine, what is considered safe, but I dont think he / she can tip over on a ping pong ball.

People have also told me torts don‘t play and they just want the toys out of their space so they push them. Watching my little guy I definitely think he enjoys it. I will probably get him a ping pong ball today...