Does my tortoise look healthy?

Jakoob1190

Location (City and/or State)
St Austell
Hello. I have a 1 and a half year Russian tortoise and I am just paranoid about his health and want him to be as healthy and happy as possible. He weighs just about right for his size , but does he look healthy? I'm worried about him getting any pyramiding or MBD, so if anyone spots that it would be really helpful. I've noticed that he has little indents around his centre bit of the shell, is that normal? Thank you!MVIMG_20190112_213410.jpegMVIMG_20190112_213406.jpeg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hello. I have a 1 and a half year Russian tortoise and I am just paranoid about his health and want him to be as healthy and happy as possible. He weighs just about right for his size , but does he look healthy? I'm worried about him getting any pyramiding or MBD, so if anyone spots that it would be really helpful. I've noticed that he has little indents around his centre bit of the shell, is that normal? Thank you!View attachment 262097View attachment 262098

Ummm....great *** shot..so from that angle..yep, all looks good....lol...there is some potential pyramiding...but not all is lot...so share some of how you are housing the beauty and perhaps some will offer some nice..helpful info :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wonder if you have him under a UVB light. The shell is looking pretty wan, like from lack of sunshine?????