Does my tortoise have MBD?

SquirtleTheTurtleB

Location (City and/or State)
Orlando,Florida
This is my Russian tortoise Squirtle. I am new to the forum and learning a lot and was just wondering if my tortoise is healthy and if he has MBD. I believe he has a little pyramiding and has had that when I got him. I started feeding him just romaine untill I learned that was bad and now he eats weeds that I grow and forage from safe places, mulberry leaves, some cactus pads, hibiscus leaves, roses, Mazuri Tortoise chow and i am getting some dried foods from Kapidillo farms. I supplement her with Miner-all indoors and she is getting a outdoor enclosure soon. She was originally from petco and the friend I got her from kept her in a small enclosure with compact uvb bulb for about a year. Do you think she has MBD? I videoed her walking but it will not let me upload it.

Attachments

• E7D39D88-5446-4EF8-AD40-4A078CE4D914.jpeg
    E7D39D88-5446-4EF8-AD40-4A078CE4D914.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 16

Butterfly

NC
I dont believe he has MBD. I do however see growth lines, so to prevent MBD just make sure you continue to keep the humidity up, feed the proper diet, and make sure he gets plenty of uvb light and you should be fine.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
What makes you think there may be MBD? I see no evidence of it from what I see. Looks like a nice Russian tortoise with good new growth.

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
I agree, I do not see any signs of MBD. Good job correcting you husbandry and what looks like very minimal pyramiding will become unnoticeable as she grows. Keep in mind that Russians don’t really pyramid and when they do the shell is very deformed and very obvious. I have heard that some torts will have very minimal pyramiding just from genes and it is not a representation of husbandry nor health.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Looks good, lots of new growth.