Does my baby RFT have shell rot?

Leaninthesun

Location (City and/or State)
Tampa
Hi all! This is my first post here in TFO. I've already looked up a few threads on shell rot but haven't really found anything to help me so I thought I'd post my own.

I've had this baby red foot for about two months, kept in a 36*24 cement mixing tub with a 60/40 mix of reptibark and organic topsoil, as well as some sphagum moss in his hide. Temps don't go below 76 at night, he gets daily sunshine and daily soaks. During his soaks I'll also spray down his enclosure to increase humidity as well as soak some sphagum moss in water. I live in Florida, so humidity levels inside my house are roughly 50%, and the spray downs bring it up to 70-80%.

Recently I noticed this white marbling on his plastron as well as some other marks that make me worried my baby has shell rot. Can anyone help me confirm it is shell rot, or even give me advice if it's a husbandry issue causing this? Thanks everyone!

IMG_20201006_152506.jpgIMG_20201006_152556.jpgIMG_20201006_152627.jpg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hi all! This is my first post here in TFO. I've already looked up a few threads on shell rot but haven't really found anything to help me so I thought I'd post my own.

I've had this baby red foot for about two months, kept in a 36*24 cement mixing tub with a 60/40 mix of reptibark and organic topsoil, as well as some sphagum moss in his hide. Temps don't go below 76 at night, he gets daily sunshine and daily soaks. During his soaks I'll also spray down his enclosure to increase humidity as well as soak some sphagum moss in water. I live in Florida, so humidity levels inside my house are roughly 50%, and the spray downs bring it up to 70-80%.

Recently I noticed this white marbling on his plastron as well as some other marks that make me worried my baby has shell rot. Can anyone help me confirm it is shell rot, or even give me advice if it's a husbandry issue causing this? Thanks everyone!

View attachment 308237View attachment 308238View attachment 308239
Not shell fungus, I don't see anything to be concerned about.

Leaninthesun

Tampa
Not shell fungus, I don't see anything to be concerned about.

My main concern were the two brighter looking patches on the edge of his plastron near his feet. So it's normal for it to be lighter in color because it's just an area of new growth? Same for the white marbling on his plastron?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I think the area your concerned with is just where the Shell is rubbing when the tortoise walks. The white squiggly lines you see nobody really knows what causes those but it's nothing bad.