Does Mazuri smell like dog food?

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Portland, OR
image.jpg So I bought some original formula Mazuri pellets online from EBay. The description said that it wouldn't come in the original package. That's fine, I assumed the seller gets it in bulk and resells for a profit. It arrived today and it looks and smells just like dog food. Does Mazuri smell like dog food? It only occurs to me now that this would be a profitable scam.

P

pguinpro

I dont understand what's so special about original formula? They dont make it anymore am I correct?

Olddog

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
View attachment 255985 So I bought some original formula Mazuri pellets online from EBay. The description said that it wouldn't come in the original package. That's fine, I assumed the seller gets it in bulk and resells for a profit. It arrived today and it looks and smells just like dog food. Does Mazuri smell like dog food? It only occurs to me now that this would be a profitable scam.

MAZURI 5M21

" Guaranteed Analysis

Crude protein not less than ................. 15.0%

Crude fat not less than .......................... 3.0%

Crude fiber not more than ................... 18.0%

Moisture not more than ....................... 12.5%

Ash not more than ................................. 8.0%

Ingredients

Ground soybean hulls, ground corn, dehulled soybean meal, ground oats, wheat middlings, cane molasses, wheat germ, dehydrated alfalfa meal, dicalcium phosphate, soybean oil, brewers dried yeast, calcium carbonate, salt, dl-methionine, choline chloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride, mixed tocopherols (preservative, form of vitamin E; citric acid, rosemary extract), d-alpha-tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), manganous oxide, zinc oxide, ferrous carbonate, calcium pantothenate, niacin, copper sulfate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), riboflavin, l-lysine, zinc sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, calcium iodate, folic acid, vitamin a acetate, sodium selenite, cobalt carbonate, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3)."

Many dry dog foods are soybean based and contain ground corn, the leading ingredients in the 5M21.

Venetia

Bishop California
View attachment 255985 So I bought some original formula Mazuri pellets online from EBay. The description said that it wouldn't come in the original package. That's fine, I assumed the seller gets it in bulk and resells for a profit. It arrived today and it looks and smells just like dog food. Does Mazuri smell like dog food? It only occurs to me now that this would be a profitable scam.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I dont understand what's so special about original formula? They dont make it anymore am I correct?
They do still make it. The L.S. was an attempt to make it "better". Kind of like when Coca Cola changed the formula and no one would drink the new stuff...
It's just difficult to buy in anything less than the 25 pound bags.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
My tortoises don’t care for the LS. As stated earlier, the original is still available.
I get it from straight from Mazuri, but I have a need to get larger quantities.
Good luck