Does her beak need trimmed?

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Can you post a picture of the beak trim?

"Fine" as in don't worry, the turtle can have a fine life even with the face deformity, and that's the best that can be done under the circumstances, or "fine" as in your vet doesn't have a clue?

One of my Russians came to me with that shape face and an overgrown beak. One of my first boxies had it, too. There was a gap where her beak didn't close tight. The vet may see that shape face so often he thinks it's normal. How often would he see a healthy well cared for animal?

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Can you post a picture of the beak trim?

"Fine" as in don't worry, the turtle can have a fine life even with the face deformity, and that's the best that can be done under the circumstances, or "fine" as in your vet doesn't have a clue?

One of my Russians came to me with that shape face and an overgrown beak. One of my first boxies had it, too. There was a gap where her beak didn't close tight. The vet may see that shape face so often he thinks it's normal. How often would he see a healthy well cared for animal?
I think it's fine as in she won't have any trouble. Here is the after shotImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1414585918.553500.jpg

Lyles

I'd suggest filing it down until you get to that "bend" in the beak, just before where it slopes is where the quick is. So I'd file it down till it is flush with that and the jaw in the back. It looks like it would be going too far but it really isn't.