Does he look healthy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

samiburke

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I've had him since march and he is looking good to me but I would like some other thoughts on the matter because I have no experience with sulcatas. So just let me know if he looks healthy.
Thanks!

Attachments

• image-970480034.png
    image-970480034.png
    336.2 KB · Views: 60
  • image-2225375957.png
    image-2225375957.png
    764 KB · Views: 50
  • image-3209704894.png
    image-3209704894.png
    348.3 KB · Views: 42

samiburke

5 Year Member
Florida
Oh thank you! I try And he's grown so much since I got him I want to make sure he continues to be healthy. :)

Well the last time I measured him he was three inches from head to tail. He eats a spring mix daily and his tank is kept At 85 degrees with a cattle bone and a log n water dish to cool off in. I'm thinking about moving his enclosure to a storage tub because his tank seems to be getting smaller for him. It's 20 gallons. Does it need to be bigger??? Also I was thinking about getting one of those reptile heating pads to keep the ground warm for him. Should I???

DanieltheAnvil

5 Year Member
Bradenton, Florida
I just moved my 2 inch hatchling to a 50gal storage tub, from a 20 gal tank. I think more room is always better if you actually have enough room to expand. I picked up the storage tub for 19 bucks at lowes. pretty good. Your little guy looks good. Make sure the diet is filled with high fiber grasses and hays and flowers.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks good. Yes get a bigger enclosure and I don't think you need another heat source, he is inside your house right? Get him outside to graze when ever the temps permit. Keep him hydrated, keep up the daily or every other day warm water soaks give him a varied diet, good UVB and he should stay healthy. They do grow fast, so get the biggest enclosure you can. If you live where you can keep him outside, build an enclosure outside and only bring him in at night.

samiburke

5 Year Member
Florida
Okay now I have a question. I'm going to move him into a storage bin type enclosure lik everyone is suggesting but won't the heat from the heat bulb melt the plastic???

Status
Not open for further replies.