Does anyone use reptile vision cages?

Brehdy

5 Year Member
I am likely getting a large reptile vision enclosure to keep pancake tortoises indoors. I am wondering if anyone else has used these for tortoises? If so, what have you used to provide additional heat, on top of the heat lamp insert on top of the cage?

Lancecham

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I just bought a few used 4 foot Vision cages. I just set up one of them for my young sulcatas. Love it thus far. My model does not have an insert for heat. It does have an insert for a UV light. I covered up that area and installed UV and heat on the inside top of the enclosure. It makes for a very nice enclosed chamber.

keepergale

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
san diego
I just bought a few used 4 foot Vision cages. I just set up one of them for my young sulcatas. Love it thus far. My model does not have an insert for heat. It does have an insert for a UV light. I covered up that area and installed UV and heat on the inside top of the enclosure. It makes for a very nice enclosed chamber.
⬆️just like he said.
I fold a couple paper towels and keep them stuffed into the gap between the glass panels. Then it really holds its humidity.