Does anyone use/have Zoo Med's Hygrotherm humidity and temperature controller?

ksanchez

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ca
I'm sorry, I misunderstood what you wanted. That will teach me to read :) have you tried a garden centers? I am just throwing this out there, I have no real experience with high humidity tortoises. But isn't a little bit of variance in humidity natural? like the meter I have says the highest and lowest humidity in a 24 hour. So wouldn't that be good enough? In nature the humidity levels change throughout the day and night.as long as you picked a good range and kept it there wouldn't that work and you could save some money :) like I said I could be all wrong on this I'm just thinking out loud, or in print I guess.

@leigti no problem. I appreciate you trying to help me. You make a great point about humidity levels changing throughout the day. I need to think about that and try to see if I can get it to work where I am within the humidity levels I am striving for.

THANK YOU for making me think outside the box. Now I need to really think and try some new things. :) HUM........

Prairie Mom

@Prairie Mom and @TortsNTurtles ,
I am currently using a timer (in a 6 outlet wall plate I installed) that turns on my reptifogger, for my cherryhead babies. But for some strange reason it will, change from having the correct humidity, to being to low, to being to wet in the enclosure. So I am trying to figure out a way to work it out. I have never had trouble like this before, and I'm worried about my babies.
So I was hopping to find something that would turn on the humidifier if and when the humidity went below 70% humidity and turn it off once the humidity was at about 85-90%.
I would love to find something that will work and or is made for this purpose. You would think there would be something out in the market for this purpose. I just need to do more research, but I need it like yesterday.
I hope we all find some solution soon. If anyone has an ideas at all I am all ears. I will try anything and cost is not an issue.

BY the way I just bought a humidifier that hold 1 gallon and I plan on switching out and using that humidifier soon. I have already modified it and added a hose to make it work just like the reptifogger, but I will not need to add water as often. View attachment 116340

Here is the Vicks humidifier I recently bought and want to use soon.
View attachment 116343

That's really cool. I like that big humidifier, although, since I've really really insulated and keep improving the seal on my chamber, I've hardly had to fill up my reptifogger (the difference was really surprising to me!) I so appreciate you keeping us updated. A timer is a decent idea until I find the same thing you're hunting for. Please continue to keep me in the loop. Have a great day! :)