Does anyone know of any breeders in South Texas?

ComeNT8kIt

Location (City and/or State)
Houston/Tx
I’ve been looking into getting my first tortoise for a few months now. I believe I have everything I need. I’m looking for a young Eastern Hermann’s. I’m extremely hesitant about online sellers and I’d love to be able to see where and how they’re kept before hand. Does anyone have any ideas?

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I'm glad you are being careful of the source of you tortoise. That is critical. If I were getting a Hermanns, I would go to Chris Leone - Garden State Tortoise. A member here on the forum = @HermanniChris Not in Texas, but a very reliable source for Testudo species.

ComeNT8kIt

Houston/Tx
I'm glad you are being careful of the source of you tortoise. That is critical. If I were getting a Hermanns, I would go to Chris Leone - Garden State Tortoise. A member here on the forum = @HermanniChris Not in Texas, but a very reliable source for Testudo species.

That’s good to hear because he actually was one of the ones I was looking at

ComeNT8kIt

Houston/Tx

That’s exactly where I went. My little guy should be here this week some time.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
I’ve gotten my Herman’s from a breeder here in Houston, you can look her up in Offerup and ask if she has any available.