Does anyone have anger issues/prone to violence?

Jan A

Location (City and/or State)
Boulder, CO
hey Jan, thank you so much for being here for me, it means more than you know. As of right now, it's after midnight here and I still have to chore then I am going to bed. Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start, and even better I am going to start off my day with a little equine therapy with Sherman.(my horse) Tomorrow will be better, no school(i'm suspended) and no family home. It'll just be me and my horse. Thank goodness.
Much love, Lilly/Alecks (they/them)
It's no problem. I'm an insomniac so I'm generally up late every night. Get some sleep. I'd rather hang with a horse than go to school....or clean house....yuck!!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
hey Jan, thank you so much for being here for me, it means more than you know. As of right now, it's after midnight here and I still have to chore then I am going to bed. Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start, and even better I am going to start off my day with a little equine therapy with Sherman.(my horse) Tomorrow will be better, no school(i'm suspended) and no family home. It'll just be me and my horse. Thank goodness.
Much love, Lilly/Alecks (they/them)
Hey Alecks...I am a very old female who's gonna be 75 years old in a couple of weeks. I say that because I need you to understand who I am and what I am about. I left home as a young teen, got kicked outa school in the 9th grade for fighting. I lived in the 60's, a life spent on sex, drugs and rock n roll. I was one of the cool kids, I stole, lied, fought and was generally outa control. I have a grandkid, who was 8 years old when they stopped being Emily and became Alyx. They are 19 now and so awesome! BUT...I spent a good part of my adulthood rude, pissed off and so so angry inside. However, my anger has not stayed inside much. I snap at the drop of a hat, I will jump outa my car in any road rage incident and accost other drivers, I will fight verbally in public with anyone. 5 years ago, making me 70 years old, hunched over and using a cane, I went to jail for assault against a man. I am a mother, grandmother and great grandmother and I went to jail. Think about it. I literally have spent my life being ruled and acting upon a great and ferocious anger. I am telling you this because you need to stop, look and get help before you ruin your whole f**king life. Really. You can, right now, choose to live a life full of drama and strife, or stop and change. You're reasonably close to Ceder Rapids or Davenport, and maybe think about going to either city to the Health Department and trying to see a counselor or psychiatrist or psychologist. Do you have an adult family member you trust? An aunt? Grandpa? Maybe an adult neighbor you trust. Some mature person you can talk to and share with? I know having a person like that isn't always possible, but you need to try and find a person like that who you can share with. You need to think... are you prepared to spend your whole life in a soap opera? You want a good productive life, not a hard life due to the trouble and pain you caused with your temper. You can always pm me if you want a private conversation or not...lol
me...
100_6925.JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Maggie said it best. What I will add, my nephew didnt have a bad temper or anger issues. However, he didnt get walked on either. So he too would not start anything but would retaliate. Like you, he is the one that always got caught. He was smart as smart could be and great at every sport he did. He could have written his world. Instead, he didn't learn that he wasn't good with getting away with things. Ended up in a jail alternative boot camp. He did learn from the boot camp and totally turned his life around from where it was going, but boy, getting the later in life start and the record, at almost 40 he is going job to job and house to house, not really getting settled in. He went from being able to write his world, to figuring out what life throws him.
Count to 10 before reacting and while counting, walk away.