Does anyone have a futon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtled

5 Year Member
I was wondering if anyone had a futon because I was planning to get one and would like to see what you thought of yours.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
A futon is better than sitting/sleeping on the floor.

But not by much.

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Pittsburgh, PA
I slept on a futon for years. In my opinion, it's nice to have as a day bed, but not a primary one.
Think of how frequently people buy new beds in comparison to how much they use them...save yourself some rough nights and sore backs and put out the dollars for a very nice bed, I think.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I actually liked my futon that I slept on for several years. But I prefer firm beds to soft ones. In some cases if I'm in a hotel or staying at someone's house in a not-so-firm bed, I end up just taking the blanket off the bed and sleeping on the floor :p

So if you are like that, futons are awesome, and it was nice because I would fold it up during the day and have a lot more room.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Not as a primary bed. But I think it would be great for a guest room. I prefer the futon mattress just on the floor because sometimes the bars can dig into your back. My youngest has a futon/bunk bed set. She loves it. It's nice for watching movies and great for sleepovers!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I had one all through college since I lived in a one room apartment. It worked for what I needed at that time but I wouldn't choose to sleep on one now that I don't need to. I have been thinking when I renovate my basement about putting a futon or two down there for additional sleeping/sitting room.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Turtled said:
I was wondering if anyone had a futon because I was planning to get one and would like to see what you thought of yours.

My daughter loves hers. :cool:

Get one with a wooden frame...the metal tubular frames are a PITA!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Don't get a Click Clack. My youngest son tried it and was very uncomfortable. I haven't tried a futon.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I was at the store looking at futons for the basement remodel we are doing and they have some really neat ones that look like a padded bench but fold flat and even have a center section that folds down like a table with drink holders. We saw some at Garden Ridge for 199. When my basement is done I will get two of those for extra seating and sleeping space.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
My neice gave me a futonm after I commented that the concept was perfect for me. It was the most god awful thing ever. Super uncomfortable to sit on. As far as sleeping - forget it. But...maybe it was just a lousy one. After several months of torture, I threw it away.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
If I can't have a mattress/box-spring/memory-foam topper combo, I prefer a cot over a futon. The futons are unforgiving, overly firm, and FLAT. A cot has a more cradling shape and can be padded with quilts or whatever. My daughter got rid of her bed and chose to sleep on a cot for several years.

srod

5 Year Member
New Orleans
i had a futon while i was still a teenager. Regardless of it not being an ideal bed replacement, i still slept like a baby. However as I got older I realized I preferred a bed. The futon was great at the time as I had minimal space in my bedroom and was more convenient to turn into a seat/couch when I had friends over.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
I liked the futon I had, but then again, sometmies I would sleep on my couch instead of in my bed. I would seriously suggest getting a Sleep Number bed, I have one of those and it is AMAZING!!! Definitely worth the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.