DoctorCosmonaut visits Bob

• Thread starter Maggie Cummings
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

DoctorCosmonaut (Jordan) and his girlfriend (Sam) stopped by my house Sunday to help me decide where to put my new box turtle pen and talk about the timing and the materials needed to build it. I am having to move my old box turtle pen because the rats have made tunnels thru the pen to go under my house. I am afraid that a turtle could fall thru one of the tunnels while digging around or a rat would go thru when the box turtles were in the pen and bite one or anything else bad. And the sun has moved. When I first moved here the sun shined in on the pen for hours in the afternoon. But somehow that has changed and the sun only shines there for a little while. Anyhow, Jordan and Sam are going to help me build a new pen and I am so excited to have friends to help me do that. I have to say that they are changing my thinking about their generation. They are just the nicest people. I like having them come over but I wish they would stay longer, and they forgot my ice cream! Other than that they are great people and I will stop calling them kids, they are young adults and I really like them.They are excited about the project and it's just going to be so much fun! Here's a picture of Jordan and Sam

2qak6jc.jpg

I gave Bob a little treat to make him stay awake for his visit
xfb59j.jpg

Then I told him he had to have a clean face for his visit with Jordan and Sam so like a little kid this is how he washed his face...
2e0sftf.jpg

see how handsome he is...
2nw28j.jpg

because Stephanie and others tried to bribe Jordan to get a picture of me, here is a couple of me and Bob...I tried to change the angle but it didn't stay right when I sent it.
30w5kk6.jpg

and another....
10n7q8j.jpg

There you go, I hope you liked them, and I know you all enjoy seeing pictures of Jordan and Bob; and this time you got pictures of me and Sam thrown in. Now I'm going to try to make a thread with pictures of Queenie...

BethyB1022

5 Year Member
What great pictures, Bob sure is handsome.

I am also glad that you are starting to change your mind about our generation, some of us really are very nice! :) Lol.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Awww shucks Maggie, you're making me blush. ;) I'm going to stop by the material place soon and check out the cinder-blocks. Any-who, see you soon!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Very nice! Is Sam interested in turtles and tortoises too? She's very pretty, Jordan! Lucky you.

As always, Bob is beautiful!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Well, Jordan and Sam are two really, really, good looking people. We all hit the jackpot when Jordan joined this forum, especially you Maggie. I am so happy you have help now. I can't believe we actually got to see some of you too Maggie. And Bob...well...we always hunger for Bob pictures.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Too funny, that photo of Bob with his clean face! That boy has so much character it's impossible to ignore (as I'm sure he is when he wants to be noticed)! Naughty enough to bite your finger and obviously has a typical kid's short memory of his trespass...looks like the cat that just caught the rat...hey, maybe you could teach him to hunt rats and chase away the interlopers from your boxie pen! ;)

Well, I suspected you were as slim and lovely as your big sis, and such beautiful long blonde hair! Just exactly the former hippie chick I pictured. :cool:

I'm so glad Jordan broke down some of your resistance to having your photo taken...good job, Jordan. :D

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Thanks, I feel lucky too! :) Sam's interested, but only has a basic knowledge of them in general (i've shown her how to care for my torts), but really loves Millie and Gerdy and thinks bob is super cool and thinks Queenie is the prettiest tort ever (which she should think its Millie or Gerdy ;) )

As you can tell Maggie forbid a face shot lol

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Very nice pictures of Jordan and Sam, but now what are the single girls on this forum going to do now that Jordan is taken? :p That is very nice of them to help with the turtle pen can't wait for pictures. And Maggie I've got to admit that Bob's almost as big as you. :D

M

Maggie Cummings

emysemys said:
Very nice! Is Sam interested in turtles and tortoises too? She's very pretty, Jordan! Lucky you.

As always, Bob is beautiful!

terryo said:
Well, Jordan and Sam are two really, really, good looking people. We all hit the jackpot when Jordan joined this forum, especially you Maggie. I am so happy you have help now. I can't believe we actually got to see some of you too Maggie. And Bob...well...we always hunger for Bob pictures.

Terry, they are beautiful inside and out. I really like them, they are just really nice. They've been together for 3 years. We should have had Sam on the other side as she has a long blonde streak in her hair that you can't see from this side.
I think tho that she's just a little bit afraid of Bob. She kept slowly moving away from him as he walked around to see all of us. Bob was very excited to have all of us in his shed and he was on his best behavior. I was very proud of him...

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I'm jealous! If I ever get out that way, you can bet I'm coming for a visit! Reid loves the tortoises. We'd love an encounter with Bob! :)

Goodonya Jordan for helping out!

M

Maggie Cummings

Meg90 said:
I'm jealous! If I ever get out that way, you can bet I'm coming for a visit! Reid loves the tortoises. We'd love an encounter with Bob! :)

Goodonya Jordan for helping out!

You're always welcome!

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
I'm nice too! I'm jealous cos I wanna help.
I'm glad you perceive our generation as "okay".
Jordan and Sam seem real nice to spend time with.(you too maggie).
I think we should be able to meet as many forum members as we can.
Ive only met three so far!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
dreadyA said:
I think we should be able to meet as many forum members as we can.
Ive only met three so far!

Well, that's three more than I have met, Abe. ;)

I promise I am shedding a tear of sympathy for you right now. :p

That's why you Californiates should have a big tortoise barbecue and keg party somewhere in the middle of the state! :cool:

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
But Oregon is slightly less likely to burn down, so lets have it up here ;)

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
Amen to the keg and in n out!!!

Steph,it would be an honor to meet you too(catch a Liverpool game together! )

Status
Not open for further replies.