Will the world end?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
The world is going nowhere, it's the wicked people that is going to end.

Biff Malibu

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
Are you referring to the Mayan Calendar? 12/21/12? Or is this just a generalized end of the world questionnaire?

What's funny is that there is no indication in the Mayan artifacts that point towards an apocalypse prediction - That is all modern created hypotheses based on "The lack of a continuation".

Other people out there spin it as a "change in consciousness" that is going to take place... That's a hilarious idea.

Is the world going to end? Absolutely. When and from what exactly? Who knows. Ice Age, Comet Blast, Super Volcano, Disease, Sun Explodes, etc...

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
If you're referring to the Mayan calendar thing, I have heard that the 12/21/12 was meant to be the end of a calendar cycle and not meant to be the end of the world. I'm not sure if that's accurate, but either way, I'm in the no way group.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
dmarcus said:
I will most likely die before the world ends....
Sounds like a race to me.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I put "I'm a believer" just because obviously some day it will end. Might be tomorrow, might be a billion years from now....although I must say... having tortoise forum down for so long today made it FEEL like the end of the world :(

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Well, the Mayans' world ended way before their calendar did, so I hardly think they are a reliable source of info on the subject. :p

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
shellysmom said:
Well, the Mayans' world ended way before their calendar did, so I hardly think they are a reliable source of info on the subject. :p

LoL nice one!

CourtneyAndCarl said:
I put "I'm a believer" just because obviously some day it will end. Might be tomorrow, might be a billion years from now....although I must say... having tortoise forum down for so long today made it FEEL like the end of the world :(

It was probably one of the worst mornings today! Stayed up late, got up early. Lol

Shannon and Jason

5 Year Member
South Arkansas
I may have to eat crow later on but I think the world will end on that day as much as I by into the Zombie apocalypse. I think its another way to scare people into going out and buying (or in thier eyes stocking up) on as much stuff as they can.......Anyone remember Y2K.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Mmmmmmmm....... No.

And what exactly does "the world will end" mean? Just click, everything is black? Or society collapses and it's every man (and woman) for themselves? Or is it fire and brimstone?

poison

5 Year Member
Shannon and Jason said:
I may have to eat crow later on but I think the world will end on that day as much as I by into the Zombie apocalypse.

that zombie apocalypse will happen you'll see:p and it sounds like fun lol

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
While th world and mankind as we know it, may end, the world is gonna keep on ticking away. :cool:

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
If you give me all of your money, I will prevent the world from ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.