• Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

do you prefer to get hatch-lings or yearlings? (poll)

Do you prefer hatch-lings or yearlings?

• Total voters

Vibes

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
I keep my torts in a outside enclosure, i feel like hatch-lings couldn't really thrive or even survive outside. I prefer yearlings, you can be a little more lax on the enclosure requirements.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
I love hatchlings. I enjoy watching them grow and thrive. Hatchlings are so adorable.

Vibes

South Florida
I love hatchlings. I enjoy watching them grow and thrive. Hatch-lings are so adorable.
i love them too, they are adorable, but the responsibility! its hard enough to take care of my torts while i have school, maybe when im older.

G-stars

5 Year Member
So Cal
I prefer hatchlings, if I know they come from a good breeder. That way I can raise them the way I want to from an earlier stage.

Vibes

South Florida
I prefer hatchlings, if I know they come from a good breeder. That way I can raise them the way I want to from an earlier stage.
i raised my red-foot from hatch-ling now hes a yearling but i bought my Russian as a yearling and it was a overall more lax experience.

bouaboua

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
It depended on species. If it is the species that we have not yet dealt with, I will go for the yearlings.