Do you own a gun?

Which applies most to you?

• I own one or more firearms. I practice using them regularly.

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • I own one or more firearms, but do not practice using them regularly.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I do NOT own any firearms, but am experienced in using them. I plan to acquire my own firearm soon.

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • I do NOT own any firearms, but am experienced in using them. I do NOT plan on acquiring my own gun a

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I do NOT own any firearms, and have very little experience using them. I would like to get more expe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do NOT own any firearms, and have very little experience using them. I have no interest in increas

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I have zero experience handling or using any type of firearm, but would like to get more experience

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have zero experience handling or using any type of firearm, and have very little experience using

Votes: 12 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario
I am just waiting on my gun license from the rcmp takes forever 3 months and still waiting woot lol.

I am in the army though and use them regularly. My first rifle will be a M14 cant wait to try it.

*Barracuda_50*

5 Year Member
Harrietta, MI
We own a few, old winchester 30 30, 7mm, 9mm, 22, not only for hunting purposes but to protect the property and home and to chase off the darn stinkin bears and killin nasty squirrels and chipmunks.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Being employed by the army and working with small arms, I have lost all fascination with military type weapons as they have one purpose and one only. I do have a shotgun, .22 rifle, and a Hawken rifle all of which are used for hunting. An interesting note is the Hawken rifle is illegal across the river in Ill because the legislature in their paranoid fear outlawed .50 caliber weapons after seeing a .50 caliber sniper rifle (costing near $10,000 each).

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
I don't own any firearms, at least not currently. I really have no desire too, either.

I mean, it'd be neat to have, for some target practice here and there..But I don't have any intention of getting one. I may end up getting an heirloom rifle from my great uncle, in the near future, if no one else claims it. I do think that'd be cool to have. It has been in the family a long time, and I'd probably mount it on a wall. But that's about it.

However, I have a lot of experience in using them, as some of my friends have them and I also took training in firearms at a camp when I was younger. Shot around 20+ different types of guns.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
:D I won't say what kind of guns I have on here.....but when they say we do things big in Texas....I am one who sets the bar :) Guns Guns Guns <3

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
"Do you own a gun?"

Well, not a gun, but enough to arm my family and most of my friends. Pistols, rifles, shotguns firepower for most any purpose that I can think of (at the moment).

"Regional differences tend to be greater than partisan ones for gun politics in the United States. Jurisdictions that favor gun control are concentrated in parts of the Northeastern United States such as New York..."

Please don't make the assumption that New York state residents favor gun control (or elimination). Most outside of New York City do not! When you refer to gun control in New York, you're only talking about New York City, not the rest of the State.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
M14? A shoulder blaster for sure. We used them in basic in the army. My favorite, of course, was the M60.
tyguy35 said:
I am just waiting on my gun license from the rcmp takes forever 3 months and still waiting woot lol.

I am in the army though and use them regularly. My first rifle will be a M14 cant wait to try it.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
AustinASU said:
:D I won't say what kind of guns I have on here.....but when they say we do things big in Texas....I am one who sets the bar :) Guns Guns Guns <3

Cannons? LOL KA-BOOM!

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
I know it's illegal to own a bazooka....but I know someone who has one (or had one...was a few yrs ago).

Oogway

5 Year Member
Denmark
america sounds so mental when you dont live there yourself :D how is everybody having a gun to protect themselves from people with guns better than nobody having guns at all. But where i live things are just the opposite, if i for example stab an intruder with a kitchen knife, i am the one who goes to prison - which makes denmark a country with loads of pacifists

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Oogway said:
america sounds so mental when you dont live there yourself :D how is everybody having a gun to protect themselves from people with guns better than nobody having guns at all.

For many, owning a gun is simply one of many means to protect ones property from intruders, predators & human alike. In many parts of the country, you cannot 100% depend on your local law enforcement for any number of reasons.

For others (which this is more open to debate), the "right" or privilege to own firearms stems from the Second Amendment of our nation's Bill of Right: the right to bear arms. Opinions vary, but most concede that the original intent was that private citizens should always have the right to protect themselves & the security of a free country, ergo to defend themselves.

My general position is this: Criminals will always have weapons, and by definition, disregard the law. Also, without going to long sordid detail, I fervently believe our country is rapidly getting to a point where some form of revolution is inevitable. Sooner or later, the nasty brown stuff will hit the fan, and it will lead to a government versus the people confrontation.

Now all that said, I'm not necessarily the kind of person who is building a bunker underneath their garage and stock-piling dry goods for the apocalypse (although the latter, if done intelligently, is not a bad idea if you are able). Most people who know me well know that I am a very passive, go-with-the-flow kinda guy. But when the cards start to fall, I prefer to be a little more prepared to defend myself and my family. My nearest relatives are 30 mins away. It takes cops at least 20 mins to get to our house. A LOT can happen in 20 minutes or less. If the security of my home is breached, it is illogical for me to depend on anyone else. I have to rely on what I have (or have made) available to me in my home at that time.

But where i live things are just the opposite, if i for example stab an intruder with a kitchen knife, i am the one who goes to prison

Well, a lot of times, that can happen here, too! We have evolved into a very lawsuit-trigger-happy nation.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Oogway said:
america sounds so mental when you dont live there yourself :D how is everybody having a gun to protect themselves from people with guns better than nobody having guns at all. But where i live things are just the opposite, if i for example stab an intruder with a kitchen knife, i am the one who goes to prison - which makes denmark a country with loads of pacifists

So no hunting is done in your country? What does a farmer use to put down a animal if a Vet is not near?

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
This thread is getting heated -
Time to lighten the mood...:D

1065831-Clipart-3d-Cowboy-Tortoise-Sheriff-Royalty-Free-CGI-Illustration.jpg

Desert-War-Turtle-with-Gun--57400.jpg

300226l.jpg

40828-Stinky-Turtle-Soldier-Surrounded-By-Flies-Carrying-A-Gun-Poster-Art-Print.jpg

images

The last tortoise doen't need a gun, LOL!

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
GBtortoises said:
"Do you own a gun?"

Well, not a gun, but enough to arm my family and most of my friends. Pistols, rifles, shotguns firepower for most any purpose that I can think of (at the moment).

"Regional differences tend to be greater than partisan ones for gun politics in the United States. Jurisdictions that favor gun control are concentrated in parts of the Northeastern United States such as New York..."

Please don't make the assumption that New York state residents favor gun control (or elimination). Most outside of New York City do not! When you refer to gun control in New York, you're only talking about New York City, not the rest of the State.

Now did I make an assumption!!?? I believe that I stated that this information was from "WIKPEDIA". Don't put words in my mouth.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
We do have some...no need to go into what :D My son and I do go out and fire them, primarily for target practice. The target practice aspect is hopefully the only time either of us will need to use the firearms....target shooting is great fun.

The very first time my son fired a firearm was when he was 8 years old, the moment he pulled that trigger his attitude and persona changed, he in a split second, I believe realized that what he had in his hand in no way was a toy....he followed every instruction, every word of safety handling and never had to be told a second time.....now he simply enjoys trying to hit the target...while he is a dead shot, I on the other hand would do much better if there was a barn out where we shoot....lol ....:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.