Do you believe in ghosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

Active Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Messages
1,691
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
mctlong said:
I want to believe in ghosts. I've toured so-called haunted houses and a big haunted ship here in SoCal (the Queen Mary), but have never seen a ghost or any real evidence supporting their existence. I'll keep looking. :D

I saw a ghosthunters episode where they did the Queen Mary! My friend and I stayed in The Hawthorne Inn, In Salem, MA . They did an episode there too, but we didn't see anything :( , we did stay at the bar until closing though, so that might've had something to do with it, lol.

The next thing we were talking about doing is staying at the Lizzy Borden bed and breakfast!
 

Utah Lynn

Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2011
Messages
586
I sure don't. Dead is Dead. However, I watch the paranormal stuff, for entertainment, after I've run out of re-runs to watch. My inquiring mind would like to know, Why is abnormal stuff only seen in the dark or in a very blurry film?
 

EricIvins

Active Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2009
Messages
1,183
Utah Lynn said:
I sure don't. Dead is Dead. However, I watch the paranormal stuff, for entertainment, after I've run out of re-runs to watch. My inquiring mind would like to know, Why is abnormal stuff only seen in the dark or in a very blurry film?

With Technology the way it is, there are plenty of un-explained Phenomena caught on very clear footage, and the reason things are seen better at night is because there is very little light and noise contamination.......That is the difference between a convincing argument and crappy footage......
 

GBtortoises

Well-Known Member
10 Year Member!
Joined
Feb 27, 2009
Messages
3,621
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Utah Lynn said:
I sure don't. Dead is Dead. However, I watch the paranormal stuff, for entertainment, after I've run out of re-runs to watch. My inquiring mind would like to know, Why is abnormal stuff only seen in the dark or in a very blurry film?
It must be the same equipment that has been used to film Bigfoot, The Loch Ness Monster and Space Aliens!

I agree-"Dead is dead". But it all makes for great entertainment!
 

LuckysGirl007

New Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2012
Messages
899
Location (City and/or State)
Surprise, AZ
I believe in spirits. I'm not sure if that has a different meaning to anyone else...but it does to me. Many strange things happened at my grandparents house when I was growing up that I witnessed. I'll be happy to share stories if anyone is interested :)

I feel they are another energy that have different ways to communicate with us. The spirits can come to us in our dreams or during that in between state right before we go into or come out of a deep sleep. I think they can also help us to find missing objects (that's a huge issue for me) if we open our minds to them and ask for help. I have only really had experience with family/friends that have crossed over. Never anything where there were stranger "hauntings" or anything though.
 

Watsonpartyof4

Active Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2012
Messages
683
I am what you would call a ghost whisperer. My aunt and my grandmother also had the gift. I see spirits all of the time. I still get scared, I don't know why. I have a hard time at funerals because a lot of the time they are there and so are a lot of others. There was an estate sale I went to recently, and I could hardly go into the house. The man died there sitting in his recliner watching tv. He told me he wasn't found for 4 days. His grown daughter was there also she had downs and had died in 2007 from heart issues. She did not like everyone going thru the house and dint want her beloved toys and things sold. I couldn't buy anything, it just made me uneasy. I asked the lady running the sale what she knew about the house, she didn't know anything other than the person had died. I told her what I knew and she asked me if I knew the family. I said no,but the gentleman is standing next to you. She got a little angry with me so I left. I went back the next day, because I couldn't get them out of my head. The lady running the sale came up to me and told me she confirmed everything I said with the man's nephew. She said when they were preparing for the sale, the would hear foots steps and someone running upstairs. Everyone was really spooked to be in the house. I told hear the girl doesn't want to leave, this was her home and I don't know how to get her to go. The man wasn't going to leave without his daughter. The wife passed away in 2002, I didn't feel her presence at all. The weird thing is when I see spirits, they are as solid looking as you or I, except they don't have any solid legs past the knees. I don't know why that is. It just is.
 

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
88,187
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Well, I believe in the soul, and an energy after death. I just hope to high heaven I never see a manifestation. I don't want to and so I don't (hopefully!).

I love watching the show, "Long Island Medium." I don't think she's a crack pot at all.
 

LuckysGirl007

New Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2012
Messages
899
Location (City and/or State)
Surprise, AZ
Watsonpartyof4 said:
I am what you would call a ghost whisperer. My aunt and my grandmother also had the gift. I see spirits all of the time. I still get scared, I don't know why. I have a hard time at funerals because a lot of the time they are there and so are a lot of others. There was an estate sale I went to recently, and I could hardly go into the house. The man died there sitting in his recliner watching tv. He told me he wasn't found for 4 days. His grown daughter was there also she had downs and had died in 2007 from heart issues. She did not like everyone going thru the house and dint want her beloved toys and things sold. I couldn't buy anything, it just made me uneasy. I asked the lady running the sale what she knew about the house, she didn't know anything other than the person had died. I told her what I knew and she asked me if I knew the family. I said no,but the gentleman is standing next to you. She got a little angry with me so I left. I went back the next day, because I couldn't get them out of my head. The lady running the sale came up to me and told me she confirmed everything I said with the man's nephew. She said when they were preparing for the sale, the would hear foots steps and someone running upstairs. Everyone was really spooked to be in the house. I told hear the girl doesn't want to leave, this was her home and I don't know how to get her to go. The man wasn't going to leave without his daughter. The wife passed away in 2002, I didn't feel her presence at all. The weird thing is when I see spirits, they are as solid looking as you or I, except they don't have any solid legs past the knees. I don't know why that is. It just is.

VERY COOL! I have only had that type of vision once while I was awake right after my great grandma died. I was laying in bed crying and looked up and saw her with my great grandfather (that died when I was only a few weeks old). They were standing next to each other smiling SO big! It was beautiful!
 

mainey34

Active Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2012
Messages
3,772
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
No, I do not believe in ghosts...but now my husband will disagree with me. He watches all them ghost hunting shows and I have to sit thru them. They are so fake...
 

Terry Allan Hall

Active Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2010
Messages
4,009
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
I'm open-minded abut the subject, but am not so sure about John Edward...

Scumbag-Psychic-John-Edwards.jpg
 

taytay3391

New Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Messages
191
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa, USA
I watch Ghost Adventures.. but that's mostly because the hunters are hilarious. But I like to say I'm open minded. I haven't experienced anything and I kind of believe that some people's mind's play tricks on them. But if something happens to me, I'd probably change my mind VERY quickly.
 

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Joined
Jan 9, 2010
Messages
53,831
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I don't believe in any of that hogwash mumbo jumbo non-sense... but then I have personally seen and experienced some things that I cannot explain. I lived in a house that was built by a man in the 40s. He and his wife lived there their whole adult lives and they died of old age stuff around two months apart just a short time before I moved in there. I lived alone. I put new locks on the doors myself when I moved in, so no one else had a key. I am also an only child, OCD, Virgo, so I am VERY particular about things ALWAYS being put in there place. I would come home and find things moved. Like a chair that I always left pushed in was turned around, moved across the room and pointed so someone could sit in it and look out the window. I never used that chair that way. It was at my workbench area and always faced the workbench. At times I would hear voices or movement noises, and my ordinarily sweet dogs would hackle up and snarl in that direction, but no one was there.

There was one very compelling incident, but it happened while I was other midst of a very high fever, and that one can be explained by fever induced hallucinations, but the other stuff can't be.

I have no doubt that I was sharing that house with some sort of presence that I cannot explain.
 

Watsonpartyof4

Active Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2012
Messages
683
Tom said:
I don't believe in any of that hogwash mumbo jumbo non-sense... but then I have personally seen and experienced some things that I cannot explain. I lived in a house that was built by a man in the 40s. He and his wife lived there their whole adult lives and they died of old age stuff around two months apart just a short time before I moved in there. I lived alone. I put new locks on the doors myself when I moved in, so no one else had a key. I am also an only child, OCD, Virgo, so I am VERY particular about things ALWAYS being put in there place. I would come home and find things moved. Like a chair that I always left pushed in was turned around, moved across the room and pointed so someone could sit in it and look out the window. I never used that chair that way. It was at my workbench area and always faced the workbench. At times I would hear voices or movement noises, and my ordinarily sweet dogs would hackle up and snarl in that direction, but no one was there.

There was one very compelling incident, but it happened while I was other midst of a very high fever, and that one can be explained by fever induced hallucinations, but the other stuff can't be.

I have no doubt that I was sharing that house with some sort of presence that I cannot explain.

It is the old woman she liked to sit and look out that window. They are both still there.
 

Neal

Well-Known Member
10 Year Member!
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
4,940
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Growing up, my family lived about half a block from an old old cemetery...it was a very spooky place and my friends and I always avoided it when we could. But, one Halloween night playing truth or dare, I chose dare, and was dared to run through the cemetery. I had to run all the way to the back wall and run back. Being the grizzly manly man that I am, I was like "Heck yeah!". So I ran through the cemetery and made it to the back wall and turned around to run back and that's when I felt it...the ground shaking as a massive earthquake. The ground beneath the tombstones began to give way to reveal deep chasms filled with amber glow. The chasms spewed out the coughin's of the long ago deceased and then....the coughin's began to float towards me. I quickly dodged the first coughin' and leaped over the first chasm that stood between me and the entrance gate of the cemetery. One by one the coffins approached me. Some I dodged, and some I collided with and knocked over. I was 10 yards from the gate when I saw my friends at the gate encouraging me not to look back, but to keep running as I was almost to the end. As I began to jump over the last hole before the clearing to the front gate, my foot clipped a tombstone that was knocked over from the shaking of the earth. A sharp pain roared through the side of my face as I hit the dirt floor of the hole. I could feel the warm blood running down my face and I knew I was injured. As quickly as I could I turned around to face upward, the whole was only about 6 feet deep...I could jump out and make it in time before the coughin's caught up to me. As I attempted to stand on my feet, I saw the first coughin' hover over the hole, then another and another until the hole was completely surrounded, preventing my escape. The coughin's began to rise so that they stood upright nearly six feet in the air above the hole. Then, I noticed a small object like a rock bounce off one of the coughin's and fall into the hole. Again and again the rocks pelted the sides of the coughin's hovering over me. I could hear the faint cries of my friends begging my so called attackers to leave me alone. Then one rock bounced of a coughin and fell into my hand. I gazed at the rock in the dim amber light and realized it wasn't a rock, it was...a cough drop. I remembered one of the friends in my group had been sick with a cough, and had brought a big bag of cough drops with him to our party. I glanced back up and saw that the coughin's began to back away from the hole. I took the chance and jumped out of the hole in one big leap. As a looked around the ground level, I was surprised at how quickly the coughin's were fleeing the area, returning to the holes from whence they came. Dazed and confused I limped over to my friends at the gate, and as I approached I found myself asking what had made the coughin's retreat. My friend cleared his throat, obviously recovering from his prior illness, looked me deep in the eyes and said that cough drops always stop the coughin'.

Yes, I believe in the paranormal. :D
 

mctlong

Well-Known Member
Moderator
5 Year Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2009
Messages
2,658
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
Neal said:
Growing up, my family lived about half a block from an old old cemetery...it was a very spooky place and my friends and I always avoided it when we could. But, one Halloween night playing truth or dare, I chose dare, and was dared to run through the cemetery. I had to run all the way to the back wall and run back. Being the grizzly manly man that I am, I was like "Heck yeah!". So I ran through the cemetery and made it to the back wall and turned around to run back and that's when I felt it...the ground shaking as a massive earthquake. The ground beneath the tombstones began to give way to reveal deep chasms filled with amber glow. The chasms spewed out the coughin's of the long ago deceased and then....the coughin's began to float towards me. I quickly dodged the first coughin' and leaped over the first chasm that stood between me and the entrance gate of the cemetery. One by one the coffins approached me. Some I dodged, and some I collided with and knocked over. I was 10 yards from the gate when I saw my friends at the gate encouraging me not to look back, but to keep running as I was almost to the end. As I began to jump over the last hole before the clearing to the front gate, my foot clipped a tombstone that was knocked over from the shaking of the earth. A sharp pain roared through the side of my face as I hit the dirt floor of the hole. I could feel the warm blood running down my face and I knew I was injured. As quickly as I could I turned around to face upward, the whole was only about 6 feet deep...I could jump out and make it in time before the coughin's caught up to me. As I attempted to stand on my feet, I saw the first coughin' hover over the hole, then another and another until the hole was completely surrounded, preventing my escape. The coughin's began to rise so that they stood upright nearly six feet in the air above the hole. Then, I noticed a small object like a rock bounce off one of the coughin's and fall into the hole. Again and again the rocks pelted the sides of the coughin's hovering over me. I could hear the faint cries of my friends begging my so called attackers to leave me alone. Then one rock bounced of a coughin and fell into my hand. I gazed at the rock in the dim amber light and realized it wasn't a rock, it was...a cough drop. I remembered one of the friends in my group had been sick with a cough, and had brought a big bag of cough drops with him to our party. I glanced back up and saw that the coughin's began to back away from the hole. I took the chance and jumped out of the hole in one big leap. As a looked around the ground level, I was surprised at how quickly the coughin's were fleeing the area, returning to the holes from whence they came. Dazed and confused I limped over to my friends at the gate, and as I approached I found myself asking what had made the coughin's retreat. My friend cleared his throat, obviously recovering from his prior illness, looked me deep in the eyes and said that cough drops always stop the coughin'.

Yes, I believe in the paranormal. :D

Haha! :p
 

CourtneyAndCarl

Well-Known Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2012
Messages
1,971
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
I suppose I believe in "entities" but I don't believe them to be the spirits of dead people... maybe "energies"?
 

StudentoftheReptile

Active Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2011
Messages
1,705
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
As a Christian, I do not believe in undead spirits and whatnot. When you die, you go "up" or "down" and that's pretty much where you stay, at least until the judgment day, etc. (anyone who has read the book of Revelations knows what I'm talking about). Not really wanting to embark on a religious discussion, but you're not "stuck in limbo" to take care of unfinished business, or anything like that, and you don't have free reign to float between the dimensions.

I DO believe that what most people interpret as ghost are actually angels or demons, honestly more of the latter IMHO.
 

mctlong

Well-Known Member
Moderator
5 Year Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2009
Messages
2,658
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
StudentoftheReptile said:
As a Christian, I do not believe in undead spirits and whatnot. When you die, you go "up" or "down" and that's pretty much where you stay, at least until the judgment day, etc. (anyone who has read the book of Revelations knows what I'm talking about). Not really wanting to embark on a religious discussion, but you're not "stuck in limbo" to take care of unfinished business, or anything like that, and you don't have free reign to float between the dimensions.

I DO believe that what most people interpret as ghost are actually angels or demons, honestly more of the latter IMHO.

Why more demons than angels?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top