Do people think you’re weird for owning tortoise/turtles

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Saskatchewan
While researching the type of turtle I wanted I did have a fleeting thought that it was a pet for children not adults. Recently a guy told me he knew I was single because I have a turtle. Do people think I'm weird? Yes. Do I care? No. Nowadays people think I'm strange for not having social media, tattoos or apple products. Not being true to myself is not an option.
Did you tell the guy that you knew he was single because he was comfortable enough to make such a rude and judgmental comment? ?

Cloud Atlas, North Carolina
Did you tell the guy that you knew he was single because he was comfortable enough to make such a rude and judgmental comment? ?
Ha! Yeah, he was one of those blanket statement people. And he had recently rescued a wild baby box turtle, that he did eventually put back after a worker at the pet shop told him it was cruel to take animals from the wild and to go buy a turtle if he wanted one so bad!

Colorado Springs
I decided a while ago that animals matter to me. I devote my energy and resources to animals. I took the time and energy to learn how to build a tortoise enclosure. I found that it has brought me closer to my awesome neighbors. Could they be having a chuckle at my expense when they’re by themselves? I don’t really care. My co-workers think it’s crazy that I’m also fostering Monarch butterfly eggs, but they are mostly just amused at how much I love animals. This is my thing and I am who I am.